Kraton How To Straighten Bent Dog Bones (Driveshafts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used it a bunch of times and nothing broke ! just do it like i do ! there shouldn't be stress on the diff outdrive.
i don't have much time when bashing so i need quick fix !!
Nah, I have like 9 bashers, so I'll just fix it with patience later.
(dangerous mode activated) : maybe i shouldn't post that on a arrma forum...
ohhhhhhhhhhh
Hahaha. No worries. I abuse my bashers but I do try to fix them ASAP.

lucky you ! i only ride 1 rc at the same time and got to finish the lipo i started ! hence the quick fix, that, again, works good for me
It's better to run more than one at a time. It cuts down on overheating, and abusing the same rig over and over ?

Thanks @Mr.Duke. I've been using this method since the first time you showed us. I've managed to save a lot of drive shafts this way, and a lot of money too. Works just as effectively in a smaller vice as well. An extra person to help set it up is a good idea. They can hold two of the bolts in place while you hold the third and line up the driveshaft. Done it by myself plenty of times too, just with a lot more swearing when the bolts fall down and I have to start over.
I just apply a small drop of hot glue to hold the bolts to the vice temporarily.
Thanks @Mr.Duke. I've been using this method since the first time you showed us. I've managed to save a lot of drive shafts this way, and a lot of money too. Works just as effectively in a smaller vice as well. An extra person to help set it up is a good idea. They can hold two of the bolts in place while you hold the third and line up the driveshaft. Done it by myself plenty of times too, just with a lot more swearing when the bolts fall down and I have to start over.

I just apply a small drop of hot glue to hold the bolts to the vice temporarily.
As of today, I only straigten the ones that go in my bashers (Kraton EXB and Notorious 6s). Could never get away with it in my speed run Typhon. Even a hint of wobble at over 100 mph is likely to be catastrophic. Thanks for the tip on the glue though.

I beat them on a piece of wood with a hammer. Lol.
I have always used a piece of wood as well, once the groove is created it actually works quite well for large and small adjustments.

My biggest issue is the last 10%. Often shafts come from the factory with multiple small bends/curves. Trying to sort them all is 🤯.

If anyone has any tips when you get to those last couple small adjustments comment up!

Back