Senton HW Max10 SCT Cogging bad?? New.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caps just extend the life of an esc. It only REALLY helps if you start to use a motor that pushes that esc's capabilities. For example, there won't be any difference if you're running a 3655 or similar can, but when you start running 3674 sized cans, I'd recommend it. Same story with 8th scale esc's and 4092 motors... highly recommend caps.

I grabbed a hobbystar 3670, 3050kv. I'll start out with a 20t and go from there. If guys are running this on the blx100 I wouldnt think the SCT would even bat an eye at it.

I don't think that you need to install the caps. I've determined that my cogging issue was due to multiple factors.

1.) Pinion size was 25T -- stepped down to 24T
2.) ECU settings were set to the MAX punch -- reduced punch from 5 to 3
3.) Over-sized tires -- went back to standard short course sized tires
4.) Slipper clutch totally turned down -- backed off the screw
5.) In effort to solve problem, added cap pack *it will just give you a smoother response on throttle

I don't think that you need to install the caps. I've determined that my cogging issue was due to multiple factors.

1.) Pinion size was 25T -- stepped down to 24T
2.) ECU settings were set to the MAX punch -- reduced punch from 5 to 3
3.) Over-sized tires -- went back to standard short course sized tires
4.) Slipper clutch totally turned down -- backed off the screw
5.) In effort to solve problem, added cap pack *it will just give you a smoother response on throttle
Awesome, thanks for the update. I'm excited to run this setup, it's gonna be night and day compared the the 3652 that is in the truck now.

Awesome, thanks for the update. I'm excited to run this setup, it's gonna be night and day compared the the 3652 that is in the truck now.
It's a nice combo (3660, max10 SCT). The HW stuff is so much nicer than the rebranded stuff Arrma uses.

Absolutely love my HW max10 sct and 3660 motor. Only have a 20 dollar Racerstar motor but it is very smooth so far. Seems to be quite efficient as well if the running a buddy and I had today was normal. We were both running around on 2s 5200mah batteries, he hit LVC at least ten minutes before I did. The same happened on our 3s runs with identical batteries as well. He has a stock BLX and I have the max10 sct with a 3800kv 3660. Not sure if that’s normal or not but in his case that seems to be quite a loss in run time. An upgrade to ESC could be very beneficial to people if most stock BLX are running through batteries as quick as his BLX100 seems to be in comparison to mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back