Senton Possible cogging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roflcer666

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This recently started happening,
I guess this is cogging, even while not on the throttle. It was be run in wet grass and damp gravel lot. Always blown dried. I took it all apart, found no corrosion. Only thing I noticed is the ground split pin on the motor seems loose vs the other 2.
Not sure what to do or where to go from here.

Just based on what I hear in the clip, sounds like an ESC issue. It almost sounds like the ESC is trying to send some typer of power or current to the motor. I think I also hear the beeping sounds that are usually heard on startup.

Just based on what I hear in the clip, sounds like an ESC issue. It almost sounds like the ESC is trying to send some typer of power or current to the motor. I think I also hear the beeping sounds that are usually heard on startup.
It does that after you pull the throttle. And keeps doing it till you hit the throttle again.

So the RC still works though? Check the throttle trim? Receiver dry in the box?

ESC's really don't like water (even if they say they do on paper). Eventually water usually kills them.

@Roflcer666

Just keeping it basic. I like the post above. Have you calibrated the ESC. There is the radio binding, and then there is a binding for the ESC to calibrate the radio endpoints for throttle, neutral, and brake. Worth a try.

In some of my builds, I had an erratic wheel turning until I calibrated the ESC endpoints with the radio.

So the RC still works though? Check the throttle trim? Receiver dry in the box?

ESC's really don't like water (even if they say they do on paper). Eventually water usually kills them.
Dry as a bone and the cleanest part of the truck.
@Roflcer666

Just keeping it basic. I like the post above. Have you calibrated the ESC. There is the radio binding, and then there is a binding for the ESC to calibrate the radio endpoints for throttle, neutral, and brake. Worth a try.

In some of my builds, I had an erratic wheel turning until I calibrated the ESC endpoints with the radio.
Ive bound the radio and set the end point for steering. Never messed with the throttle endpoints. Last time I ran it, it was fine. Sat for 3 weeks because I bounced it off a brake drum and destroyed the right front steer hub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back