Typhon Cogging issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkern88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Just out of the blue today my Typhon stopped running. It’s acting like it would if a motor wire came off, but that’s not the case here. Sorry for this video as I didn’t have a free and hand to hold my phone. However I think you’ll see what I’m talking about

Could be a number of things.
Blown front motor bearing
Broken diff
Seized bearings
Bent motor plate
Failing esc
You will have to start eliminating possibilities.

I would start by pulling out the motor module and test it to see if motor runs smooth when disconnected from drivetrain.

Could be a number of things.
Blown front motor bearing
Broken diff
Seized bearings
Bent motor plate
Failing esc
You will have to start eliminating possibilities.

I would start by pulling out the motor module and test it to see if motor runs smooth when disconnected from drivetrain.
Thank you. I’ve already ruled out drivetrain issues nothing is binding there. It’s an ESC or short in the motor is my guess

Thank you. I’ve already ruled out drivetrain issues nothing is binding there. It’s an ESC or short in the motor is my guess

Check the motor leads good... Pull them apart.. make sure there is no arcing on any of them...

Next check the wires coming from the motor itself to the male connector.. I've seen them break a wire under the silicone sheathing.. the rigid wires give up the ghost after so many bends..

Many good suggestions here. Reset the esc for fun. Push and hold down the small button next to the power button. Then if still the same, pull apart the motor since you already confirmed the drive train is good. If you have an extra motor you could check it but I’m figuring you don’t?

Looks like it’s the motor. I swapped another in temporarily and it’s not cogging like that
Out of curiosity, which pinion are you running, the 18t or the 20t speed pinion?

Stock, whatever that is. 15t I think
OK, I mixed it up with the Senton, which comes with an 18 and 20. Sounds like you figured it out though, motor is going to bad. I always cover all the mounting holes that aren’t being used with electrical tape and I also put a ring on the motor shaft up against the building with a little bit of O-ring grease under it. And I put the soft Velcro underneath the spurcase, as well as clean out the black spur dust every few runs. I have three motors that are over two years old going strong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back