I have a feeling that this battery is puffed up but I’m not sure what to look for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it may be time to get rid of this battery.. looks like a ticking time bomb
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now it may be time to get rid of this battery.. looks like a ticking time bomb
View attachment 317255View attachment 317256
I told you on July 4th .page 1 to grabb your shot gun and take that son of bi*th toss it up in the sky and blow that sh*t up..did you listen ?? No you didn't.your lucky that thing hasn't blown up yet..why do people take chances with these lipos ..🤷I just don't get it.Then you come back on here to show us it's now more puffed up..lol what are you thinking.Again your lucky you or anyone hasn't gotten hurt ..this thread should have been closed on July 4th . seriously you need to go watch some you tube videos of the dangers these lipos have and what can happen to your house or you if you don't take it seriously. Sorry bud ,but you are a idiot.thats the nicest way I can put it..

I told you on July 4th .page 1 to grabb your shot gun and take that son of bi*th toss it up in the sky and blow that sh*t up..did you listen ?? No you didn't.your lucky that thing hasn't blown up yet..why do people take chances with these lipos ..🤷I just don't get it.Then you come back on here to show us it's now more puffed up..lol what are you thinking.Again your lucky you or anyone hasn't gotten hurt ..this thread should have been closed on July 4th . seriously you need to go watch some you tube videos of the dangers these lipos have and what can happen to your house or you if you don't take it seriously. Sorry bud ,but you are a idiot.thats the nicest way I can put it..
I read and saw that a little of puffing up was normal. I keep all my lipos in fire safe containers so I felt that it would be fine for now and I could check it and see how it was doing later. If I can save 20 - 30 bucks for a lipo I will. No one was hurt, and I am disposing it now. Not sure why you feel the need to tell some random person on the internet that they are an idiot. 🤷‍♂️

Dude. Relax. The amount of puffing in the original pic wasn't a "OH MY GOD THIS IS A TICKING BOMB, SHIP IT TO THE MOON" situation.

No need to call people idiots.

Agreed, the Lipo in Post #1 is just fine. I'd run it with a clean conscience. As long as it performs and IR is not out of whack, it's 'normal'.

Below is what I consider too much, yet it still holds together, i.e. it's safe. People take this swelling way too serious, out gassing is normal with an aging Lipo and swelling as a result is normal. You will see the swelling go back when charging, but truly depends on the Lipo and what materials they've used.

th-2167460184.jpg

Last edited:
I read and saw that a little of puffing up was normal. I keep all my lipos in fire safe containers so I felt that it would be fine for now and I could check it and see how it was doing later. If I can save 20 - 30 bucks for a lipo I will. No one was hurt, and I am disposing it now. Not sure why you feel the need to tell some random person on the internet that they are an idiot. 🤷‍♂️
Random? We are all members of this community and we all should take care of each other.sorry your feelings got hurt over being called a idiot lol.You took a pretty high chance in keeping that lipo in your home .🤷The last thing we need in this forum is to have you get on here saying you lost your home over a miserable 40 dollar lipo or whatever you payed for it. Stupidity pisses me off . especially when it comes to safety on these lipos..sure nothing happened..but what if it did? If something did happen I'm sure everyone in this thread that said it's just a little puffed up " it's no big deal" would have oh damn he should have just tossed it .I'm not taking any chances with these lipos in my house or around my family.. who cares about the cost of a lipo lol.its nothing compared to your life or your home or your loved ones..I'm glad your ok and for those who got all bent out of shape for me calling you a idiot ..get over it and take it like a man .don't put a dollar amount on the safety of you and your family.

No one got hurt, im getting rid of it. Looking back at my post from today with the pictures wasnt as much as a question but a comment saying I’m getting rid of this now. This is my first time I have had this happen with a lipo so hopefully this will help out a lot more newbies with the hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back