I just got a free 3d printer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the printer just took a 💩 on me. It stopped mid print. And the hotend is no longer heating up. The thermostat works tho. I tried buying a new hot end. Installed yesterday.stoll getting "T0 sensor abnormal." I checked wires from hotend to base. I plan on opening up the bottom later tonight and checking the connections to the motherboard.

Any advice is much appreciated. 👍

Honestly, I wanna buy a K1, but funds are a little tight atm. Hopefully, I can fix this issue easily. 🤞

I think the printer just took a 💩 on me. It stopped mid print. And the hotend is no longer heating up. The thermostat works tho. I tried buying a new hot end. Installed yesterday.stoll getting "T0 sensor abnormal." I checked wires from hotend to base. I plan on opening up the bottom later tonight and checking the connections to the motherboard.

Any advice is much appreciated. 👍

Honestly, I wanna buy a K1, but funds are a little tight atm. Hopefully, I can fix this issue easily. 🤞

Double check the main wiring harness going to the Breakout Board above the hotend. There could be a loose connection..
Also, you'll want to carefully unplug and replug those individual small connectors connected to the fans, thermistor etc ,to confirm they are snug under the covering.

I had stripped down my Mega..
It's a pain in the azz.
Basically a box of parts and a frame now...

So if you need some reference pics to see what you're getting into. Just let me know.

Just re-saw this thread..

Wanted to follow-up and see if you got your printer back up and running.

I did not. I checked all the wiring from Hot end all the way down under the unit. Opened the bottom and tried to unplug and re-plug everything suspect. Just can't figure this one out. Big ass paper weight at the moment. Don't even know where to begin! 😅

I'm looking at the newr models you suggested. Particularly the p1s or K1c. I don't know if I prefer multicolor or cf capabilities yet. Will probably pick one up at the end of the year. Maybe black Friday sale? As for now, my 3d printing venture is on pause. 😮‍💨

I did not. I checked all the wiring from Hot end all the way down under the unit. Opened the bottom and tried to unplug and re-plug everything suspect. Just can't figure this one out. Big ass paper weight at the moment. Don't even know where to begin! 😅

I'm looking at the newr models you suggested. Particularly the p1s or K1c. I don't know if I prefer multicolor or cf capabilities yet. Will probably pick one up at the end of the year. Maybe black Friday sale? As for now, my 3d printing venture is on pause. 😮‍💨

I'm sorry to hear that.
That's a Real Debbie
debbie downer GIF

You sure you checked all the wiring?
Will Forte GIF by MacGruber

Also, have you tried another SDcard?

The way Power-Recovery works, it tends to make thousands of writes to the card and eventually wears that card out.

The card seems fine. Only a few files on it. I Cuda swore I was printing w/out it? I was printing directly from my laptop via usb cable. As far as wires go, yea.. I'm almost sure I unplugged and reconnected everything. Inspected all the connectors while doing so as well.

I don't think I mentioned, that before this happened, in the middle of printing, the hotend froze or got stuck and was a little difficult to remove. How did I remove it? Like a dumbass, I put it in bed leveling mode and the motors removed it for me. It printed about 3 more items. And then, all of a sudden, the hotend stopped working (or did it happen before and thats how it got stuck?). The thermostat works, because I can manipulate the temp of the hotend w/ a heat gun. Just won't get hot. Eventually, T0 fail.
Anyone wanna buy parts? 🤣😂 jk.

The card seems fine. Only a few files on it. I Cuda swore I was printing w/out it? I was printing directly from my laptop via usb cable. As far as wires go, yea.. I'm almost sure I unplugged and reconnected everything. Inspected all the connectors while doing so as well.

I don't think I mentioned, that before this happened, in the middle of printing, the hotend froze or got stuck and was a little difficult to remove. How did I remove it? Like a dumbass, I put it in bed leveling mode and the motors removed it for me. It printed about 3 more items. And then, all of a sudden, the hotend stopped working (or did it happen before and thats how it got stuck?). The thermostat works, because I can manipulate the temp of the hotend w/ a heat gun. Just won't get hot. Eventually, T0 fail.
Anyone wanna buy parts? 🤣😂 jk.

Hmm..

Take some photos of the hotend area..
Can't see anything just from words alone.

Back