Typhon I sent it on 6s for a triple jump.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMann40

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
Whelp, I went to our track and everything was running fine till I ran it in 6s. I tried to clear a triple jump and as I was in the air the Typhon started leaning too far back, so I braked a bit too hard and endowed end over end nose first.

Damaged report- ripped the threads out of the front diff housing, bent rear shock housing, front shock mount pin, front chassis bent and exposed the front diff housing, and that front red bracket for the Aarm pins-bent.

We ran from 10 am to 3 pm. Not a bad day. I have the Typhon 6s BLX, my friends have the Inferno MP9's.

20231216_115856.jpg

20231216_115904.jpg

20231216_123000.jpg

20231216_145907.jpg

20231216_152047.jpg

20231216_152049.jpg

20231216_152100.jpg

20231216_152109.jpg

Last edited:
Whelp, I went to our track and everything was running fine till I ran it in 6s. I tried to clear a triple jump and as I was in the air the Typhon started leaning too far back, so I braked a bit too hard and endowed end over end nose first.

Damaged report- ripped the threads out of the front diff housing, bent rear shock housing, front shock mount pin, front chassis bent and exposed the front diff housing, and that front red bracket for the Aarm pins-bent.

We ran from 10 am to 3 pm. Not a bad day. I have the Typhon 6s BLX, my friends have the Inclferbo MP9's.

View attachment 337335

View attachment 337336

View attachment 337337

View attachment 337338

View attachment 337339

View attachment 337340

View attachment 337341

View attachment 337342

You Bashed correctly!

So the front bumper didn't do its job??

I'm sure your lap times would be faster staying with 4s packs and the right pinion. End the long day with less carnage.
Awesome track there.(y)

I'm sure your lap times would be faster staying with 4s packs and the right pinion. End the long day with less carnage.
Awesome track there.(y)
I was out of 4s, so I went to 6s and throttle was at 75% for most of it. Then I switched to 100% and went for it. 😎😳😫😏😭 That was the end of the race day.
You Bashed correctly!

So the front bumper didn't do its job??
I had the Kraton bumper on it to protect the front end, so nope😒

Last edited:
Is that a v5 chassis?
I was out of 4s, so I went to 6s and throttle was at 75% for most of it. Then I switched to 100% and went for it. 😎😳😫😏😭 That was the end of the race day.

I had the Kraton bumper on it to protect the front end, so nope😒
yep you would’ve been better off without it. Basically pulled the front weak lip of the chassis down. They design buggies to allow the front tires on 4x4 power to swing out of extreme nosers

If you crash into something with the basher bumper, that’s where the front impact is transferred to the bulkhead/tower so pick your poison 🧐

Looks like a great time regardless, nice looking course 👍🏼

Last edited:
Is that a v5 chassis?

yep you would’ve been better off without it. Basically pulled the front weak lip of the chassis down. They design buggies to allow the front tires on 4x4 power to swing out of extreme nosers

If you crash into something with the basher bumper, that’s where the front impact is transferred to the bulkhead/tower so pick your poison 🧐

It was a good time, lesson learned too. All dirt track, we broom it from time to time, use a leaf blower to get the loose stuff off, and hose it down from time to time for dust control and added grip. I had new tires I was trying out, which worked out quite well. Attached are the new tires before track time.

20231211_121326.jpg

20231211_121207.jpg

20231211_121245.jpg

Is that a v5 chassis?

+1.
That's why I never added a bumper to my TLRT. The wheels do deflect to some extent, much because of the Fr. kickup angle. That aside, Driver error is what it is.
I do run bumpers on my other 6s rigs. With its caveats sometimes. A good bumper wil have just the right amount of flex to absorb the impact without transferring it to the Chassis kickup/Nose.

+1.
That's why I never added a bumper to my TLRT. The wheels do deflect to some extent, much because of the Fr. kickup angle. That aside, Driver error is what it is.
I do run bumpers on my other 6s rigs. With its caveats sometimes. A good bumper wil have just the right amount of flex to absorb the impact without transferring it to the Chassis kickup/Nose.
It definitely transfered all the impact to the chassis. Yep driver error for sure. Again as I said before, this was my fault with trying to send it over the triple jump. Hindsight, I would have done it with a basher rather than my Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back