Kraton I think I might be slipping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
So I took six cars out ran all six as hard as I could. Until I was out of batteries. I brought home six cars in perfect working order. I’m a little confused. Normally all six are broke when I leave. I did have two batteries puff up so maybe I’m not so bad, other than cleaning, I have nothing to buy or repair . List of trucks include. 2 k8s, 2 k6s 2 k4s
What is this world coming to?
One comment about the batteries, my newest batteries, CNHL race series 5600 MAH 120C Have died after only 10 cycles what I mean by died is they puffed, one I had to spike it was smoking the other one broke the hard case puffed up not sure where I stand on that brand.

You beat the odds with that outing for sure! Too bad about the LiPo’s. I’ve never had that issue with them. Somebody said once that if the LVC is on the lowest cutoff setting it could trash batteries over time.

Hoovo, Zeee and HRB have always been my go batteries some of them have close to 100 cycles with no issues so I was a little surprised that after only 10 cycles they puffed. They were always charged as a pair at 5.5 A on my Hyperion charger. They were in a new Kraton EXB 8S with the new V2 1100 KV motor and black speed controller. Because this truck was brand new it was only gonna be a short run five or 10 minutes not a lot of top speed either just trying to work out the trim and a shakedown run.

So I took six cars out ran all six as hard as I could. Until I was out of batteries. I brought home six cars in perfect working order. I’m a little confused. Normally all six are broke when I leave. I did have two batteries puff up so maybe I’m not so bad, other than cleaning, I have nothing to buy or repair . List of trucks include. 2 k8s, 2 k6s 2 k4s
What is this world coming to?
One comment about the batteries, my newest batteries, CNHL race series 5600 MAH 120C Have died after only 10 cycles what I mean by died is they puffed, one I had to spike it was smoking the other one broke the hard case puffed up not sure where I stand on that brand.
Wow. Very impressive..6/6 rigs back home safe. Been a very long time I came home and did not have to go online shortly after and order parts. Gives a lot of us hope it can be done, "the perfect bashing day"

Sorry to hear about the batteries. RC gods needed to claim a sacrifice.

Just order some Ovonic 3s 50c 5000mah for the new 6s EXB RTR. I have only heard good things about Ovonic batteries.

I usually only charge at 1C. I have three dual chargers so keeping up with usage isn’t a problem.

This set is specifically for K6S most of my batteries are 4s seeing how I have 8S cars and 4s cars. I’m having some trouble making 2 3s hard packs fit in the K6s the way it’s supposed to so I’m ordering these hoping they’ll fit.

Sounds like you're continuously improving your driving skills (y)

The problem with the budget overinflated C-burst packs is they get easily pulled down to LVC under heavy load. You switch to a higher quality pack and the LVC cutoff will be at a much lower static total voltage due to improved actual capacity under sustained loading below nominal voltage.

Once I switched from Zeee/Hoovoo/HRB to CNHL my setting for cutoff had to be increased or cells would be 3.3 or less when the ESC finally slow cut. There is absolutely zero reason to drop lower than a static 3.5V per cell on a basher, it's just petty for an extra minute unless you're putzing around like a crawler or having issues on speed passes.

Hoovo, Zeee and HRB have always been my go batteries some of them have close to 100 cycles with no issues so I was a little surprised that after only 10 cycles they puffed. They were always charged as a pair at 5.5 A on my Hyperion charger. They were in a new Kraton EXB 8S with the new V2 1100 KV motor and black speed controller. Because this truck was brand new it was only gonna be a short run five or 10 minutes not a lot of top speed either just trying to work out the trim and a shakedown run.
You definitely either did something wrong or got seriously unlucky because cnhl has better performing lipo than all 3 of the brands you listed. Zee being probably the worst tbh.

My money is on too low of an LVC setting. I’ve had very good luck with CNHL batteries. I think it’s pretty hard to beat them for the price.

I had noticed that the internal resistance on both those batteries were high on cell number three on both batteries. I don’t know offhand what the LVC is for the new 160 ESC and I’ll check when I get home tonight if it even has that option.
I would think that Power system was probably a little large for those batteries anyway that’s why I wasn’t running it very hard. Just trying to get it trimmed out and a shakedown run. I did cut it short about 40% left on the batteries.

Back