Outcast slipping gears when I accelerate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kartracer93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My arrma outcast 6s exb is slipping gears when I accelerate I have checked all three diffs taken them apart and cleaned them and put in thicker waited oil as well as added shims to them also but I still have slippage. Here’s a link to a youtube short showing you all what I’m taking about?

My arrma outcast 6s exb is slipping gears when I accelerate I have checked all three diffs taken them apart and cleaned them and put in thicker waited oil as well as added shims to them also but I still have slippage. Here’s a link to a youtube short showing you all what I’m taking about?
I believe that to be the slipper clutch my dude. It is way too loose and is therefore slipping all the time. My friends rustler 4x4 vxl has gone through that. You will need to tighten it a bit. I do not believ the 6s line has any slipper clutch to be honest. It may be the center diff.

How did you shim the diff in the bulkhead/carrier? Check the play in the pinion at the input shafts. Sounds like your crown and pinion gears have too much slop in them. That can be caused by either side to side movement or misalignment in the bulkhead, or because of excessive fore/aft movement of the pinion input shaft. If any of the above possibilities is the culprit you’ll be able to see it a pack or two later when you’re digging shrapnel out of your bulkheads.
I believe that to be the slipper clutch my dude. It is way too loose and is therefore slipping all the time. My friends rustler 4x4 vxl has gone through that. You will need to tighten it a bit. I do not believ the 6s line has any slipper clutch to be honest. It may be the center diff.
6s Arrmas don’t have slipper clutches.

How did you shim the diff in the bulkhead/carrier? Check the play in the pinion at the input shafts. Sounds like your crown and pinion gears have too much slop in them. That can be caused by either side to side movement or misalignment in the bulkhead, or because of excessive fore/aft movement of the pinion input shaft. If any of the above possibilities is the culprit you’ll be able to see it a pack or two later when you’re digging shrapnel out of your bulkheads.

Sorry. You are having the same problem that a loose slipper clutch has. I believe you sould check your Diffs. The center or rear I bet is having a problem. Have you checked the Center gears?

Yeah it’s definitely a diff the front and center have been rebuilt with thicker oil and shimmed they are super tight with little to no play I guess that leaves the center diff because I don’t see any wear and tear on the bulk heads

Yeah it’s definitely a diff the front and center have been rebuilt with thicker oil and shimmed they are super tight with little to no play I guess that leaves the center diff because I don’t see any wear and tear on the bulk heads
The noise I heard in your video does not suggest a center diff issue, unless your gear mesh is seriously messed up.
And as you’ve said, you’ve rebuilt your diffs and added heavier lube. But after you rebuilt your diffs, how did you shim the diffs in the bulkheads? If I was a betting man, that’s where my money would be.

The noise I heard in your video does not suggest a center diff issue, unless your gear mesh is seriously messed up.
And as you’ve said, you’ve rebuilt your diffs and added heavier lube. But after you rebuilt your diffs, how did you shim the diffs in the bulkheads? If I was a betting man, that’s where my money would be.
I shimmed the left sides of the front and rear diffs in between the bearings on the diff and the bulkhead of the front and rear however I did not shim anything inside the diff it self as it didn’t have any real play and seemd to be almost to tight
My gear mesh is stock out of the box

I shimmed the front and rear both on the left side between the baring and the bulkhead outside of the diff

Last edited:
I might be going out a limb here but how does your mesh look from center diff to your pinion?
It looks pretty good from what I can tell it’s not super tight but it has some play in it I might just take it to my local hobby shop at this point to be honest because I’m pretty stumped as to what the problem is and yes I rebuilt my center diff with 30k silicon oil didn’t seem to make much of a difference
I have rebuilt center diff with much heavier oil didn’t see anything alarming in side it seemed to help a little but not enough to fix it

I rebuilt center diff with heavier oil didn’t seem to really help much stiffens things up but still slipping every thing is shimmed as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back