Kraton Kraton 6s EXB...I think I have a problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

As many of you know, I have a huge collection of Armma r/c's. I really didn't need another one, but one just fell in my lap. Literally. I just picked up a Kraton 6s EXB roller, for $300 bucks. Brand spanking new. My issue? Should I go stock, or do what I usually do, and throw in a Castle system in it? With all my r/c's, pretty much, I will be bashing the poop out of it. I have enough speed run cars, lol. I don't plan on running a motor fan, so I wonder if that will work with the 20T pinion, or will she be getting HOT! For this build, what shock fluid do you guys recommend? (On my K8S, I swapped out the shocks and towers from a O8S, and used heavier fluid for more of a cushion on the landings.)

Build list - so far:

Castle mmx8s esc
Castle 1650 kv motor
20T Pinion
Stock Spur
Carbon Fibber servo mount
F/C/R Diff fluid - 50/500k/50

Possibly future upgrades?

M2C Chassis
M2C Outdrives
M2C CVD's
M2C F/R chassis brace
M2C F/R hinge pin
Carbon Fibber top plate or M2C top plate and suspension pieces
Carbon Fibber shock towers
Carbon Fibber tower to tower brace

As usual, all your thoughts are responses are greatly appreciated.

Thx!

I run a Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv with a 20T pinion on my Kraton 6s. I ran it without a fan for 20 minutes at mostly full throttle, and my motor temps never got over 120F using a temp gun at several locations on the motor. I tried to get the temp higher, but I couldn't: the motor just runs cool.

You have an RC problem that many share. Too many.:giggle:
19 RC's in all here over the long haul. Half of mine are Arrmas.
I think you know the drill already. You got a K6s EXB for a great deal.
I guess I would do the same you did to the rest of your collection. All CC stuff.
Just, is there a reason you DON'T want a fan on your motor?
Will you be running 6s or 8s packs? I think that matters which way you go.
Also, is there a real reason you want to turn that $300. EXB K6 roller, into a $2k + rig. with the Upgrade parts you listed above.
If just doing it for the bling, the bragging rights, and your wallet is way too heavy, I get that. Go for it.:LOL:
They are not all must have items. Most of the EXB parts are just fine.
If I sammed every Arrma Rig I have like that, I would not have all the RC's I have. And I would be Homeless in Sanfrancisco

Last edited:
I own both, an aluminum brick and a stockish one. If you haven't driven a stock EXB before, you might want to drop some junk bin electronics in it and take it for a drive before over building it. A stock EXB is a lot of fun to drive.

Dude, bash the wheels off it stock! You can (will) always do future upgrades and a rebuild. Why not just have fun with it for now?
I knew I forgot to mention something. I'm gonna run it into the ground, and upgrade as pieces break. Plus, I am VERY hard on my r/c's. LOL

Last edited:
You have an RC problem that many share. Too many.:giggle:
19 RC's in all here over the long haul. Half of mine are Arrmas.
I think you know the drill already. You got a K6s EXB for a great deal.
I guess I would do the same you did to the rest of your collection. All CC stuff.
Just, is there a reason you DON'T want a fan on your motor?
Will you be running 6s or 8s packs? I think that matters which way you go.
Also, is there a real reason you want to turn that $300. EXB K6 roller, into a $2k + rig. with the Upgrade parts you listed above.
If just doing it for the bling, the bragging rights, and your wallet is way too heavy, I get that. Go for it.:LOL:
They are not all must have items. Most of the EXB parts are just fine.
If I sammed every Arrma Rig I have like that, I would not have all the RC's I have. And I would be Homeless in Sanfrancisco

To answer your main question, 6s. As far as my wallet. It is very heavy. LOL - I can't take it with me when I go. And when I do, someone on here will probably get my collection. All of it. Now, I'm gonna tell you a small story, and maybe after it, you will kinda understand why I am the way I am.

On May 14, 2017, as I was walking out of a deli, and approaching my car. A guy came in with a suv and pinned me between his vehicle and a brick pillar. He in turn, turned right as he was pulling forward, and ripped my right leg off. I lost my right leg that day, and became an above knee amputee. I was 50 years old then. Something else happened to me that day. I was officially retired.

I was the type of guy that never asked for help, but found myself asking for it all the time. Which really sucked, and painful. But, I managed and moved on. Worked hard on my mobility issues, and tried to do the best that I could, with what I was dealt with. The funny thing is? About 25 years prior, I was in an car accident that I almost died. As I was coming down a highway, in the winter, I hit a patch of black ice. The car swerved, slipped on the ice, and eventually hit a tree. Which then resulted in me breaking my neck. I broke c2. If you grab your thumb with your hand, and wiggle your thumb, that's where on my neck I broke. I wore a Halo for 5 months, as my neck healed. It never fully healed. So, they put in a 3" titanium pin in my neck. I still can't turn my head fully either way. Oh well. I'm still alive right? LOL

Why am I telling you all of this? Because life is to F'n short. If ya' got it, do it. Spend it. If ya break it, rebuild and start again. You can't take it with you, so you might as well enjoy the ride, if you can. This is not anything against you or anything like that. So please don't take it that way.

I have the drive to still try and enjoy the things that I can do. Even though, that usually means that there is a poop ton of pain and anguish that I go thru on a daily basis. I hope that describes the type of person that I am, and why I spend so much on these dang r/c's.

Again, it is not a slam against you. I'm just sayin'.

Thx.

Last edited:
Feel you.....
In a similar boat, not as extreme however. But quite similar. I just never speak about it. Retired now, and all my other close freinds still play golf. I cannot join them anymore. I never put down RC in 35+ years, and I still enjoy them, like I did when I started racing at the Track in my 20's, in the late 80's.
Life is short, enjoy it all now. (y)

I have bad back problems resulting from numerous things throughout my youth… but dang, not nearly as gnarly as what happened to you. I deal with daily pain that just sucks. I used to ride dirt bikes a lot, but am only able to go on short street rides… 30-40 minutes stents before my back has had enough. You only live once… live it up right.. have those fun times! Thank you for sharing your story with us

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back