Big Rock I think I may need new shocks....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camreno

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I did a few upgrades and I think I may need new shocks now, when I press down on the truck it doesn't want to rebound, a little bit but only comes up maybe an inch. I put RPM Arms all the way around, and got a new servo, I'm also going to mesh tape/glue + metal reinforce the body so its going to be even more weight.

Idk if I just need beefier springs or a different oil weight, maybe just new shocks all together. What do you think? Also heres a link to the video

IMG_6618.jpg

I have very little experience in this but from what I have read it could be a bubble in the shock fluid or not enough spring preload. Someone with more knowledge will likely have something more to offer.
Well it's a brand new turck and i've only bashed it 3 times so I hope not!

Your truck seems to be under sprung. With no batter in it should bounce up pretty fast. I would recommend going up to the next stiffer spring rate. When checking your suspension do it with your battery installed so your truck is at its full weight.

So I did a few upgrades and I think I may need new shocks now, when I press down on the truck it doesn't want to rebound, a little bit but only comes up maybe an inch. I put RPM Arms all the way around, and got a new servo, I'm also going to mesh tape/glue + metal reinforce the body so its going to be even more weight.

Idk if I just need beefier springs or a different oil weight, maybe just new shocks all together. What do you think? Also heres a link to the video

View attachment 352883
Looks pretty good to me. Depends on your style and drive terrain.

If you want a little extra preload use the adjustable collars to add more spring tension.

You will need to tinker with the preload and find a level you’re happy with.

View attachment 352883
I have 4 Arrma and they all do that from day one. I have 16 cars total and the only ones that are firm are the ones I filled myself. I am thinking that I overfilled and the Techs that built them are correct...but Idk.

First remove the shocks and see if the suspension arms have any binding, this is not okay.
If you have no resistance in the suspension arms, increase the preload of the springs.
If that doesn't help it could be:
- Springs to soft
- Oil too thick
- Shock resistance too high and the need maintenance

Hope this helps!

Back