Gorgon IC5 Li-Po to IC3 ESC Vehicle>Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-D-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Vorteks
Hi, I've just bought two Gorgons for my kids Christmas, and with them, two of these batteries each:

7.4V 6200mAh 2S 120C Smart G2 Pro Basher LiPo: IC5​

1696646448350.png

Rather than solder an IC5 to the ESC and void the warranty, or solder IC3 connectors to the 4 batteries, I'm thinking this would work, considering its only a 2s brushed low power motor:

IC5 Device Connector to IC3 Battery Conn 4" / 100mm; 10 AWG O-SPMXCA507​

1696646809258.png

Would this be a viable and safe solution?, I watched a video of a Spektrum RC guy saying they have a cable for a similar application,...leading me to the above connector,...again, any and all help is appreciated 🙏

Yes, that adapter should work fine.

In case you don’t know, those batteries are way overpriced.
Thanks, and yeah, I know they are waaaaaay over priced, as is the charger, but its the ease of functionality and safety features that I'm paying for, and they know there are people like me who will do just that, ergo, the milking.
should work great, gotta find a good way to keep the adapter from fallng out of the rig.
It should fit inside the body of the Gorgons closed chassis, hopefully.
Nice lipos, been saving up for one or hopefully 2😎!! 💯
One more for the milking :LOL:

Thanks lads.

Hi, I've just bought two Gorgons for my kids Christmas, and with them, two of these batteries each:

View attachment 325571
Rather than solder an IC5 to the ESC and void the warranty, or solder IC3 connectors to the 4 batteries, I'm thinking this would work, considering its only a 2s brushed low power motor:

View attachment 325572
Would this be a viable and safe solution?, I watched a video of a Spektrum RC guy saying they have a cable for a similar application,...leading me to the above connector,...again, any and all help is appreciated 🙏
Should be fine. I use battery adapters for all my rigs so I can use any style plug w any rig, of course staying with 3s to 3s, 4s to 4s, 6s to 6s, etc. I have several deans type I got early in my rc collection & bought adapter plugs to use on Arrma stuff. Oh and EC3 & IC3 are same. Just no smart wire. Like EC5 & IC5 are same.
I also have several IC5 batteries I use on my EC5 Arrma rigs. Plugs right up. And going to brushless & 2s, you won't be disappointed. I just converted 1/10 4wd Redcat truck to brushless 2s. What a huge difference! Fast, & strong & does wheelies now. Run time is at least triple. Much more fun!

Last edited:
Soldering all my ESCs, batteries, charger to use the same plug was such a good move. The process sucks but is totally worth it.
Agreed, but I’ll probably never do it. I have like 5 different connectors on various ESC’s and way too many LiPo’s.

Should be fine. I use battery adapters for all my rigs so I can use any style plug w any rig, of course staying with 3s to 3s, 4s to 4s, 6s to 6s, etc. I have several deans type I got early in my rc collection & bought adapter plugs to use on Arrma stuff. Oh and EC3 & IC3 are same. Just no smart wire. Like EC5 & IC5 are same.
I also have several IC5 batteries I use on my EC5 Arrma rigs. Plugs right up. And going to brushless & 2s, you won't be disappointed. I just converted 1/10 4wd Redcat truck to brushless 2s. What a huge difference! Fast, & strong & does wheelies now. Run time is at least triple. Much more fun!
So, with brushless you get more run time than with brushed?

Nice lipos, been saving up for one or hopefully 2😎!! 💯
I know you love those packs. :cool:
But aren't they Overpriced for what you get?:unsure:
So, with brushless you get more run time than with brushed?
Not necessarily all the time. Not the rule.
Many other factors to consider. Gearing and # of motor winds, condition of the Brushed motor are all part of the equation. Even with all else remaining equal.....

View attachment 325571

View attachment 325572
No, not a fan of adapters At all. Except for charging purposes, the only reason the adapter above is offered IMHO.
Maybe you can get away with it for a while. Need to have the correct IC connector soldered onto the lipo pack or ESC. No matter how you slice it. The correct way. Many don't always do it the correct way. I get that. To cut corners. I am sure you will be fine anyway.
The added wiring alone, to me, I avoid altogether, Just becomes a liability. And added connections creates more resistance along the Mains power circuit. Make sure to check for hot connectors when using adapter cabling. Use your temp gun.
Been there.

Last edited:
I know you love those packs. :cool:
But aren't they Overpriced for what you get?:unsure:

Not necessarily all the time. Not the rule.
Many other factors to consider. Gearing and # of motor winds, condition of the Brushed motor are all part of the equation. Even with all else remaining equal.....

No, not a fan of adapters At all. Except for charging purposes, the only reason the adapter above is offered IMHO.
Maybe you can get away with it for a while. Need to have the correct IC connector soldered onto the lipo pack or ESC. No matter how you slice it. The correct way. Many don't always do it the correct way. I get that. To cut corners. I am sure you will be fine anyway.
The added wiring alone, to me, I avoid altogether, Just becomes a liability. And added connections creates more resistance along the Mains power circuit. Make sure to check for hot connectors when using adapter cabling. Use your temp gun.
Been there.
The Spektrum/Horizon guy said you can bridge that cable between car and battery in one of the Spectrum youtube videos, (I think) even so, I know its not a great solution, as you said, resistance alone is a factor, though it wont be a permanent solution.

Thanks

Imho, its worth a try. Especially for branded item (vs chinese knockoffs). Every so often just feel the connectors for heat. This is a good practice regardless, the connectors shouldnt get hot like the esc/motor

Of course it will work. You’ll be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back