Big Rock Is anyone else experiencing their Spectrum Firma ESC plastic deteriorating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s some thing I am doing or if everyone is experiencing after a short period of time and not beating on my RC car or sending it off huge jumps the built-in plastic brackets that hold the ESC to the receiver box and the power switch seems to be crumbling in pieces. I have posted something else similar to this and I used to clean with straight full strength, simple, green, and then spray with WD-40 silicone when I was finished. Wondering if I should not use full strength, simple green, or if everyone is experiencing this and that doesn’t matter? Thank you .

I used dish soap, brush, hot water, quick hose rinse then wd40 and then compressed air to clean. I’m not careful either. Never had any problems with plastic parts deteriorating so maybe the simple green s a little strong. I’ve also used brake cleaner, greased lightning, and citrus degreaser but very sparingly with no adverse effects.

I used dish soap, brush, hot water, quick hose rinse then wd40 and then compressed air to clean. I’m not careful either. Never had any problems with plastic parts deteriorating so maybe the simple green s a little strong. I’ve also used brake cleaner, greased lightning, and citrus degreaser but very sparingly with no adverse effects.
Do you have any of the Spektrum escs? Apparently this is a common problem with the Spektrum escs.

Not sure if it’s some thing I am doing or if everyone is experiencing after a short period of time and not beating on my RC car or sending it off huge jumps the built-in plastic brackets that hold the ESC to the receiver box and the power switch seems to be crumbling in pieces. I have posted something else similar to this and I used to clean with straight full strength, simple, green, and then spray with WD-40 silicone when I was finished. Wondering if I should not use full strength, simple green, or if everyone is experiencing this and that doesn’t matter? Thank you .
I don't use any degreaser.just dish soap and if you want to replenish the plastic with minerals and oils I use mink oil.i use it on my leather also in my SUV and all plastics.keeps it looking new and protects them.degreasers are to harsh.they strip the oils in the plastic and drys them out and when they loose that protection they get brittle. Try mink oil .you'll love it.

Yes for me, it was the full-strength Simple Green. I now cut the solution in half with water.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back