Kraton Is my chassis bent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joaokrm

Reaction score
Hello guys. I recently bought a Kraton 6s v5 BLX and I ride 2 times since it. Steering servo already blown up (and tx/rx is poop, horrible range, losing signal every time). Will upgrade to a better one. But the real question is: Is my chassis already bent? I'm not even bashing, just a little jumps and crashes, but nothing too hard. Heres 2 pictures, one from the front end chassis, and one from the back end pins, it seems that they are a little tilted, I don't know if it's normal or not. Car is full stock.

5a117471-841c-4cf3-98a8-69d8f7fc63c0.jpg

Front end chassis:

IMG_7536.jpg

Hello guys. I recently bought a Kraton 6s v5 BLX and I ride 2 times since it. Steering servo already blown up (and tx/rx is poop, horrible range, losing signal every time). Will upgrade to a better one. But the real question is: Is my chassis already bent? I'm not even bashing, just a little jumps and crashes, but nothing too hard. Heres 2 pictures, one from the front end chassis, and one from the back end pins, it seems that they are a little tilted, I don't know if it's normal or not. Car is full stock.

View attachment 254962

Front end chassis:

View attachment 254963

It’s hard to tell.

Maybe prop the car on a balanced surface, making sure the wheels are floating and put a level on top of the shock tower from peak to peak

I don't know man.. I'm kinda disappointed.. I thought these things are made to last. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car, but without a lot upgrades it's very fragile i think

Im trying to understand why it matters if it still drives. I've never understood why people are so obsessed with whether or not it's bent unless it's a taco and unusable.

I don't know man.. I'm kinda disappointed.. I thought these things are made to last. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car, but without a lot upgrades it's very fragile i think

It’s all dependent on how you use it. If you bash it hard, I think it’s safe to assume that it’ll give.

I think of it like a stock 1:1 truck, some little off-roading and it’s great.. take off jumps and rock climbing things might break.

Im trying to understand why it matters if it still drives. I've never understood why people are so obsessed with whether or not it's bent unless it's a taco and unusable.
I don't know too, I'm kinda obsessed with perfection, so if anything is/feels wrong, I can't stop thinking about that lol.. It's almost a brand new car, only 2 rides

I don't know too, I'm kinda obsessed with perfection, so if anything is/feels wrong, I can't stop thinking about that lol.. It's almost a brand new car, only 2 rides
LOL your truck looks fine to me. I'm still rocking stock chassis after almost a year now. If you want to approach perfection you will need to get a m2c chassis 😎 👍

Visit M2C racing if you want and will pay for perfection

View attachment 254962

Front end chassis:

View attachment 254963
The leading front edge of the chassis is supposed to have like an 11 degree kickup, by design. The rest should remain flat.
I would place a steel ruller/flat edge along the chassis to see whether the chassis is bent or twisted. You don't have much use on it, gently driven as you stated....
Minor chassis tweaks will happen. Especially with the stocker chassis. With off road Rigs, may not matter much. With on road rigs, chassis tweaks will ruin a wet dream with speed running however.
If the chassis is really bad, you will see attached parts have shifted. When the body posts don't line up well with the body. This is a sign. But if you notice, the rear post body holes are elongated. This is for normal chassis flex. Chassis will flex as you bash. Normal.

You also can have bent shock towers. Look closely. Chassis and towers can be hammered close to straight again, and "good enough" using a block of wood and a sledge hammer., if you are so inclined.
If you haven't already, the first thing to do is use Upgrade alloy Front and Rear braces. Keeping the stocker chassis is fine. The plastic stocker braces are too weak and allow for more chassis flex, eventually bending the chassis. Usually at the middle and rear. The chassis tends to bow upward at the center from my experience.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. I will assume that my chassis is okay. The only problem is that I live in Brazil, so, no single spare parts here. If I break my car, I will need to wait at least 1 month to the parts to arrive.

If I was in Europe, I would ramp this poop up at least 50 meters high.

And in the states here, many are getting some 100 m Big air.:LOL:

Nowt to worry aboot @joaokrm ,the angle of the mounts is like that cause arrma'll use em on the front towers for something. The front tower angle corrects it to be straight up an doon. Like @SrC mentioned the rear body holes are elongated, presumably to give a wee bit slack to compensate for the angle.
Bash on!

Thank you guys. I will assume that my chassis is okay. The only problem is that I live in Brazil, so, no single spare parts here. If I break my car, I will need to wait at least 1 month to the parts to arrive.

If I was in Europe, I would ramp this poop up at least 50 meters high.
That just means you need to buy spares of stuff that are likely to need replacing. Get you some front and rear a arms, hinge pins, m2c chassis and some bearings so you have it ready to go before you even need it. :cool: (y)

That just means you need to buy spares of stuff that are likely to need replacing. Get you some front and rear a arms, hinge pins, m2c chassis and some bearings so you have it ready to go before you even need it. :cool: (y)
Thanks for the advice!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back