Kraton My Custom Kraton hybrid is done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Build here: Kraton hybrid

Lots of trial fitments of pieces, final assembly 1st class all the way.
Hopefully weather holds and we get to PLAY on Sunday :p

v.jpg

Two 4S runs today on my sons basher track ... AWESOME !!! This thing is a BEAST !!! handles quite well and the bumps and rollers that throw our typhon buggies around don't ever faze this rig, it just floats over it all :p
To state I'm impressed is an understatement ... that was some serious fun right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further mods .. Braces

Then out of the blue a couple days ago ... A surprise package delivered, EXB LSD differentials for the F & R :)
They get the same pre-prep as the Typhon received then went about installing them today.
Taking the motor pinyon from 13 to 17t we're about similar by the math numbers.

Taking the rig out on a crawling / climbing excursion post installation, very impressive to having much better loose traction wheel over spin.
With an @ 750,000 in center diff the ability in crawling up on stuff is a lot easier.

To date I've only got these Backflip LP tires and even on 4s ( 2250kv 4274 can motor ) the Ballooning has been what I would say is excessive for basher track racing.
Some Sash/shutter cord and we get 2 wraps per tire against the carcass. Should help some .... fingers crossed.

b2.jpg

Back