Kraton Bent chassis?? .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chowmein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
Lem me know what u guys think. I think I bent the front of the chassis

PXL_20230321_112826495.jpg

PXL_20230321_112816256.jpg

PXL_20230321_112806632.jpg

PXL_20230321_033916143.jpg

I think you have but that's quite hard to tell, you need to stick a metal ruler underneath it or place it flat on the table to check.

Agreed.

I agree with the above statement. Really hard to tell from the pics. Have you driven it since? I had a hard head on impact with my kronos xtr last year..into a concrete girder at around 30ish mph.
I think it may have been slightly tweaked, but I've been running it with no noticeable deficiencies..
Then there was a tree collision just about a month ago with the xtr..jumped it straight into a tree, with the xtr pointed at the sky. Broke the body clean in two. Broke the center CF chassis brace.. I KNOW it's tweaked now, LOL!! Guess what? Still drives really well.. just gonna keep running it.🤷‍♂️😂🤘😎
Question, does everything still line/bolt up? Center brace? If it does, I wouldn't be concerned. The chassis does have kick up built into it by design too. I suppose it's possible to measure the kick up and see if it's still correct..but, for a basher, nah..

Last edited:
Steering is stuck. Bell crank won't go east or right

Than remove the steering assembly and check for alignment.. That's the only way to diagnose the steering binding problem.

Than remove the steering assembly and check for alignment.. That's the only way to diagnose the steering binding problem.
Agreed, very possible the steer plate is bent too. Very common on Corally vehicles. I do see that this one has the stiffener (secondary) plate installed. The rack is probably binding against the gearbox?

Steering is stuck. Bell crank won't go east or right
Looks like the steering arms and/or steering rack are REALLY close to the gearbox..she might have bent at the front kick up.. what ya got handy for tools? I'd strip it down and clamp the chassis in a vice, then get jiggy with it..straighten it out (SOME, no completely).But that's just me. Check JRC, see if they still got any xtr chassis left. Also lots of kit breakers on ebay these days too..OR, you can pay retail and order a new one.
You should be able to see if the steering components are indeed hitting the gearbox?
Yes, but some of that is intentional..question is, is it too steep? I would "guess" yes. I know there's a specified degree where it's supposed to be. I just don't happen to know what degree, or how to measure it. Sorry.

Last edited:
There is supposed to be some angle here.
What I was trying so say is, in the other pic you posted, with te "square" held against the chassis.
In that pic, to the right, towards the middile of the chassis, it appears as though there's a gap where it might not be flush?

It is I double check after I took pic I just flinched when I took pic much appreciated to all that helped. I just bent it back a touch and now putting it back together will let u know what happens

It is I double check after I took pic I just flinched when I took pic much appreciated to all that helped. I just bent it back a touch and now putting it back together will let u know what happens
I think that's a great idea, I would do the same. Just mock it up, put the gearbox back on, sterring arms and rack, see what ya got. Tweak as necessary 👍
I thought mine was slightly tweaked from a bad landing, is there supposed to be a slight upward angle at the very front of the chassis? like just a degree or 2 ?
Yes, varies by make/model, but yeah, every off road rc pretty much has some degree of kick up at the front of the chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back