Talion Is Talion 6s the mix of everything when its comes to fast onroad and offroad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Hi

It would be nice to buy everything but that isn't they way to go for me, I already have this

Xmaxx modded 8s
Stampede 4x4 vxl modded 4s
1/8 Buggy modded 4s
1/10 Huggy modded 3s

Sort of missing something that can do road and offroad better than the stampede and buggys but don't need to jump it since I can do that with my xmaxx.

So question is, Is Talion 6s the mix of everything when its comes to fast onroad and offroad?

Some would argue that the Typhon is.:unsure:
Maybe depends whether you are into the Buggy vs Truggy looks, and how you want to bash and while also pulling some serious fast speeds here and there.
I could never figure out why the Talion was less popular compared to all the other 6s rigs.
I think by Arrma selling it in EXB Trim, complete with Electrics now, it is has become more popular only as of late.
My spin.

Last edited:
I like both Typhon and Talion but when it comes down to it for me at the moment.

Talion is bigger, which means its better offroad, some size specs here.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/talion/blx
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/typhon/blx

Battery slot in Talion is a little bit bigger.

Typhoon probobly have a little edge on acceleration since it has less weight and is probably more nimble on a race track.

Looking for feedback, if you have a opinion please share it.

Not my picture, version 4 editions below.

1641685428840.png

Last edited:
I would say to your post yes, the Talion is.

But I will say up front I am not valid to say from experience just all the jaw-dropping video Talion videos I love the offroad performance and its ability to bash.

Feeling you want something this size and the Talion is a cool rig. I am a bit guilty of changing my Kraton in certain areas to be somewhat close to a Talion with smaller belted tires, lowering the shocks in more, and lowering the body and center of gravity.....but it blazes and I love the change.

Best of luck!

I love my talions, those and the mojave are my favorite rigs! I run one with 4s outcast tires to help out on the rougher terrain. Stock tires seem to get kicked around a little on rougher ground. The typhon is way worse than the talion in that dept. Even on belted 2.8's my typhon is more grass and smooth surface running. I also built an on road typon and a truggified one. My second talion is a lightweight missile. I used basherqueen parts and the lightened m2c chassis. It don't feel as nimble as the losi 8ight xte but it's still a rocket.

talion3.jpg

talion13.jpg

typhon9.jpg

typhon10.jpg

No easy choices, I should probably wait for the Kraton 8s version 3 since I mostly run on grass and snow and the higher ride height will probably be favorable with Kraton 8s vs Talion.

Have some descent ones for road use already and they are cheaper to buy in general.

I would say to your post yes, the Talion is.

But I will say up front I am not valid to say from experience just all the jaw-dropping video Talion videos I love the offroad performance and its ability to bash.

Feeling you want something this size and the Talion is a cool rig. I am a bit guilty of changing my Kraton in certain areas to be somewhat close to a Talion with smaller belted tires, lowering the shocks in more, and lowering the body and center of gravity.....but it blazes and I love the change.

Best of luck!
have you been to gracelands

Talion is the designated high speed long wheelbase basher, however if you have tall grass scenarios the Kraton 6s is the rig of choice.

The Kraton will run 60mph no problem, handling is excellent due to the wide stance, and then can transition to doing flips off jumps thanks to the large tires. With an M2C chassis, unbreakable body, and some backflip tires its a beast!

There is a solid reason why everyone loves the Kraton 6s.

I dig my Talion. It's become my favorite RC, fast, nimble, durable. It's awesome. I have an Erevo and Maxx along with my Talion. Talion wins the fun to drive dept and has been as durable as the Maxx.

I just got my brother back into RC and he went with a Typhon. His next purchase is a Kraton.

If I were buying two RC's I'd probably do the Kraton/Typhon combo.... I went with the Talion and totally dig it. But, every RC shines when driven in appropriate terrain. My thought is that I might put some Kraton tires on my Talion and see how that works...

have you been to gracelands
Drove by the place for 12yrs and never stopped to go in....too damn busy and crowded but that is a good thing :)

Hard to believe he still has a strong fan base this long after his death....

So been watching some youtube videos, the Talion seems to be faster, have better acceleration, have better handling and more durable everywhere it drives regardless of terrain versus the Kraton 8s.

Basicly the Kraton 8s is bigger and thats about it, I certainly appreciate driving something big, have a xmaxx and its a special feeling but when its comes down everything else the Talion seem to be superior to Kraton 8s and its also cheaper.

Finally one more thing, the noise coming out of the Talion while driving is inspiring while the noise form Kraton 8s sound horrible, like a nightmare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back