Kraton Complete guides to everything - NOT videos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xash

Reaction score
So i want to be as informed as good as possible when i can finally get my hands on the new EXB.

Sadly, besides the manual itself, there isn't much information to be found - at least not with pictures and written text. I personally am at war with video tutorials, so i'm looking for guidance in written and pictured form.

About what?
Everything!

Shocks, diffs, bearings and so on, you name it.

Anyone has some resources that would help me out? And yes, old version would be good enough since the basics will probably not be a lot different.

Thanks ;)

browser_uUWyu6joHM.png

There's nothing besides 2 manuals and the exploded view. How's that a guide? ^^

There's nothing besides 2 manuals and the exploded view. How's that a guide?
Usually when someone is trying to be helpful, a little more courteous reply might be in order. If it's not exactly what you were hoping for, elaborate on what you wanted, don't just complain about what you got. Might make others not want to help you in the future.

Usually when someone is trying to be helpful, a little more courteous reply might be in order. If it's not exactly what you were hoping for, elaborate on what you wanted, don't just complain about what you got. Might make others not want to help you in the future.
Yes, but since i already mentioned the manual in the OP, it was not really helpful.
Probably just missed it, i suppose ;)

Besides the exploded what else do you need. That served its purpose for the first 20 years of my RC career :ROFLMAO: . You aren't going to find written documents of assembly disassembly now days "Heli's and Planes YES" cars and trucks not so much. And a Chilton or Haynes never existed for RC. Sometimes you gotta weed though the crap videos. Hence why watch time of a 5 minute video averages like 20 seconds.

I get what ur saying but its just not available honestly and never really was.

You looking for torque specs or what?

No, guides on maintenance, fill levels of eg oils, changing parts like eg bearings about everything that would make my first wrenching a somewhat easier experience. No use having an open shock and not knowing how much oil has to go in there, right?
Also some more detailed information about the intervals that are actually needed. From what i read, many tend to do nothing but a bit of cleaning and wait for stuff to break before actually doing what should've been done way before. I just don't wanna let it break in the first place ^^

Besides the exploded what else do you need. That served its purpose for the first 20 years of my RC career :ROFLMAO: . You aren't going to find written documents of assembly disassembly now days "Heli's and Planes YES" cars and trucks not so much. And a Chilton or Haynes never existed for RC. Sometimes you gotta weed though the crap videos. Hence why watch time of a 5 minute video averages like 20 seconds.

I'm afraid so... Age of tiktok intensifies.
I never got around video guides and need to watch many of them several times while the same thing as text with some pictures mostly gets me to the point faster. Plus i have the advantage of immediately seeing which part i need when i need to revisit instead of skipping 20 times until i find that same thing in a video.

Looks like OP wants to know mods / set up . only problem is we don't know what driving style / use of the truck is .

Looks like OP wants to know mods / set up . only problem is we don't know what driving style / use of the truck is .

Was my OP that unclear? 🤔

Just a list, preferably with written guide of:

-what
-when
-how
-how much

In order to give more details:

- probably just slight off-raod
- mainly street, maybe some skate park
- no extreme bashing and sending it to the moon!
- maybe some sand

Too many variables unfortunately, the exploded views show the subassemblies but the specific gaps are already video logged somewhere. Too much engineering procedure time to be valuable in my opinion.

You’re walking a thin line between hobby grade and an automotive service tech. Most of this is learn as you go, like rebuilding a differential with massive stack up tolerances between several components. RTR castings vs machined gears is a big difference in quality.

Except for RPM parts which may as well be written in hieroglyphics. Those are terrible written instructions. Damn near ikea furniture assembly instruction level.

The forums are pretty much what you're looking for. Everything you need to know is right here with a search function. If you do need to ask a question, you'll likely get responses from several veteran hobbyists within minutes. This forum is really that good.

The forums are pretty much what you're looking for. Everything you need to know is right here with a search function. If you do need to ask a question, you'll likely get responses from several veteran hobbyists within minutes. This forum is really that good.
To be honestly you are dead right. There are many posts where we all picture by picture show you how to do something. The OP is in the right place, no questions need asked, just search and find to your hearts desire.

Sometimes you just gotta figure stuff out yourself. Besides if something isn’t put out by Arrma, then it’s just someone’s interpretation of what you should do, not the gospel.

How much shock oil should you put in? Nobody really knows - there is no “answer”.

(Actually the answer is it depends on how much rebound you want, but again that’s not the answer you’re looking for).

It’s a hobby, do what you want, you’ll find there is no right or wrong answer.

For a low price of $100 monthly.... I will make myself available via text or email to answer any question you may have about your RC, the universe, sex or anything else that may be of concern to you. :)

Really, the product manual has the intervals recommended for the shocks, differentials, and tires. You should inspect the screws every time and listen for any sounds that seem out of the ordinary and investigate. Clean as best you can, keep everything dry and away from moisture when not in use. Lube your bearings and make sure there is grease in the right spots. Other than that just drive and enjoy. Arrmas really are pretty simple to maintain and wrench on when needed.

Anything else you need will be available via Youtube or asking here.

Haa, Haynes!! 🤓

Yea, best bet is when you get to a part/section of your wrenching, search the forum. That's how I learned. Took lots of notes so I could just refer to them later.

Take lots of pics while disassembling anything so it's easier to put it back together.

Good luck! All you need to know is here via the search feature. (y)

Yea, best bet is when you get to a part/section of your wrenching, search the forum. That's how I learned. Took lots of notes so I could just refer to them later.

Take lots of pics while disassembling anything so it's easier to put it back together.

Good luck! All you need to know is here via the search feature. (y)
Yes, pictures & an orderly disassembly are key..... but it ruins the fun of doing things over when you have leftover parts or make mistakes. Not that I know from experience but when reinstalling the rear differential.... the big gear on the outside usually goes to the drivers side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back