Kraton Complete guides to everything - NOT videos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I just start unscrewing things until I get to whatever I need to get to. These things aren’t THAT complex.

How did all those YTers make those videos? They figured it out on their own. Sometimes you gotta ride without training wheels.

Yes, but since i already mentioned the manual in the OP, it was not really helpful.
Probably just missed it, i suppose ;)
Sorry but Videos seem to be in demand when it comes to much on the subject.
This one is one regarding EXB GP4 29mm diffs. Info direct from Arrma UK, where they are designed and tested. This info alone will keep you busy for a while.
FWIW, the new EXB K6 only runs LSD diffs at the Center now. So keep center with stock 100k Cst diff oil. Front and Rear are Fully Open GP4 diffs. Use 60kFr and 30k Rr. diff silicone oil. Some food for thought. Out the box, Oils are usually low from the factory. Leave nothing to chance. Finding any defects, use the the 2 year warranty, like if you find screws into stripped plastics etc. It can happen. Just be observant enough, is what I am saying. Things to look for.

I can write a whole encyclepdia for you, but it's best to ask as you go and search AF for alot of it. I have threads going back several years. Many others here have much good stuff to share as well. The most important thing is to go over everything first before you drive it. Test it on the bench and look for any obvious defects. First and foremost. There is a whole slew of things you Can do before driving it, right down to assuring enough CA glue on the wheels and balancing them if you are so inclined to do so. How I fly. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Tip:
Learn your ESC settings per the manual. I highly suggest you drop the ESC Motor Timing down to Zero Degrees. Default is like 22 Degrees.(n) Motor will run hotter. You don't need any advanced timing. Your motor will thank you. A Spektrum Program Box will make setting up the ESC much easier.
:cool:

Last edited:
Okay, guess i will just jump in and when in need, i'll bug you here 😅

Thanks all
I can't help out with anything in written form, unfortunately. What I can offer, however, is a really good Youtube channel that's focused, almost exclusively, on the Kraton 6S. Maintenance, upgrades (installation and durability testing), weak spots and how to address them, comparisons (v4 diffs vs. LSD, just as an example) and tons of other content.

https://www.youtube.com/@EastTactics

I think he does top notch content despite the production values being on the lower end (I'm more interested in information than I am in how the background looks; as long as I can recognize what I'm looking at, I'm good).

Last edited:
My 1-year bashing v1k6exb experience -

Big inner wheel bearings front and rear wear quickly - keep an eye on them

Diff (open only experience) shim to perfection and they are strong and never wear ( i make my own hss diff pins cheap and stronger

Rear wing mount need upgrade (at least the v1 exb)

My 5 pennys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back