Kraton Is this correct ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYLED40

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
image.jpg

Is this wrong ? How else would I get brace passed servo mount ?

I think this is not a Kraton, but a Talion chassis, if so the servo mount top plate should be rotated 90 degrees.

says on their site that it fits both . Even if I had the clearance , I don't have a screw point for it .

Are you talking about the servo mount? it does fit both, the screws are arranged as a square, so you can mount it both vertical or horizontal, on the Kraton it is mounted one way and another on the Talion.

Are you talking about the servo mount? it does fit both, the screws are arranged as a square, so you can mount it both vertical or horizontal, on the Kraton it is mounted one way and another on the Talion.
No I meant the chassis itself is compatible to both

Looks like the chassis is backwards to me? Seems you put the front diff assembly on the rear of the chassis.. center brace is a dead giveaway... the front of the chassis always has the angled part of the chassis... is that how you have it mounted? Or do you have the front section on the flat portion? (Rear)

Look at the red arrow, the brace would never reach.... look at the yellow arrow and that is where the rx box mounts..

Would be much easier to determine if we had a shot of the whole chassis instead of just that section.. but that's what I'm seeing in the picture...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191222-060849_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222-060849_Photo Editor.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Another thing that looks weird to me is the rx location, is this picture mirrored? Rx and battery tray typically mounts left of the chassis.. but the holes in the chassis for the Rx box seem to be on the right? The more I look at the picture the more confusing it looks..

I wonder if the chassis was machined and bent wrong, (upside down) we need alot more pictures sir... something is a skew here for sure...

I wonder if the chassis was machined and bent wrong, (upside down) we need alot more pictures sir... something is a skew here for sure...
It's not mirrored, as the writing is correct. Could only work if servo was turned 90 degrees as @Yonic mentioned, with different braces. Old Talion is likely the model where front and rear braces might be the same length, putting the center dif almost perfectly in the middle of the chassis. Definitely needs to return and have it switched out for the correct one.

It's not mirrored, as the writing is correct. Could only work if servo was turned 90 degrees as @Yonic mentioned, with different braces. Old Talion is likely the model where front and rear braces might be the same length, putting the center dif almost perfectly in the middle of the chassis. Definitely needs to return and have it switched out for the correct one.

Good catch on the writing.. was so consumed in the chassis I wasnt paying attention to that... I'm not familiar with the tailon versions, but the rx location look right to you? Even if he did mount the diff housing correctly wouldnt the rx location be toward the front? Not the back?

This is a pic of chassis front to back
Looks like the chassis is backwards to me? Seems you put the front diff assembly on the rear of the chassis.. center brace is a dead giveaway... the front of the chassis always has the angled part of the chassis... is that how you have it mounted? Or do you have the front section on the flat portion? (Rear)

Look at the red arrow, the brace would never reach.... look at the yellow arrow and that is where the rx box mounts..

Would be much easier to determine if we had a shot of the whole chassis instead of just that section.. but that's what I'm seeing in the picture...

Attachments

• C8DD9A6F-F1E4-4A62-A1E5-8E93AB80A7A0.jpeg
    C8DD9A6F-F1E4-4A62-A1E5-8E93AB80A7A0.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
This is a pic of chassis front to back
Definitely need to contact M2C for an exchange. Bad luck but hopefully won't have you put out for too long.

6DC05B89-6575-4DFC-85EF-9D1E2DA83EE0.jpeg

this is a kraton I found online to compare . Seems like the holes all fall into the same exact spots .

It might look like that at first glance, but all the holes are moved backwards on the Talion, so the brace needs to be longer (also the driveshaft between the center diff and front bulkhead.

You can also see that on the Kraton the servo mount holes are really close to the side bend, but on yours there's almost 10mm from the side bend to the mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back