Kraton Is this too much slop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it leak? Or is it posing a problem that you've found?

All diff cases will exhibit some sort of "slop" with the diff outdrives. Since these aren't super high end components, the tolerances aren't going to be very high. As long as it seals the oil inside the diff case, i'd keep running it. Depending on the thickness of the oil, surface tension may be enough to keep it in.

You can improve sealing by using some thicker grease on the diff output and inside around the o-ring (Tekno even says so in their assembly instructions) when assembling the diff.

Does it leak? Or is it posing a problem that you've found?

All diff cases will exhibit some sort of "slop" with the diff outdrives. Since these aren't super high end components, the tolerances aren't going to be very high. As long as it seals the oil inside the diff case, i'd keep running it. Depending on the thickness of the oil, surface tension may be enough to keep it in.

You can improve sealing by using some thicker grease on the diff output and inside around the o-ring (Tekno even says so in their assembly instructions) when assembling the diff.
wasn't necessarily worried about leaking, but more about it being able to make the gears not mesh properly while driving? like just break them

wasn't necessarily worried about leaking, but more about it being able to make the gears not mesh properly while driving? like just break them
Fair enough. I guess what I was trying to get at is that in my experience, i usually have to worry about losing all of my diff oil and having un-lubricated gears before i've had to worry about the gears not meshing.

Fair enough. I guess what I was trying to get at is that in my experience, i usually have to worry about losing all of my diff oil and having un-lubricated gears before i've had to worry about the gears not meshing.
hmm okay, you know what I guess I could just build it with inner gears that are already kinda worn, but not to a point where they're unusable or bad - then if that fails just get a complete diff off jennysrc. don't really think paying 10 for the case is worth it when I can get the whole thing for 25

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back