Kraton I’m obsessed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015GTRBE

Patrick Bateman ?
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Talion
Well I finally won the war against chassis flex :). Little obsessive, but it’s fun to get back to my RC roots of building custom stuff out of limited resources. Anyway, this brace replaces the previous brackets I made and have tighter tolerences. The back lash may be bent hingepins or possibly diff case but I’ll be able to see what’s going on by marks on the chassis, but there is basically zero noticeable flex forward now. The brace uses the Voltsge hobby aluminum wingmount as a hard mount, and the lower part of the brace is press fit to the hinge pin support.

I think it came out pretty nice. Hand brushed with polished edges, polished screws, and waiting on stainless nuts. TP Parts, I’m eyeing you...jk.

Last edited:
Great quality work. I ordered a Tekno wing after seeing one in your other thread. I plan to make a new tower and integrate it that way as well as making my own chassis brace and just mount it directly to the aluminum support piece which I also have to make. That piece is going to mount to the dif housing as well as the tower. It will take a while, starting to mock it up using card board templates. Thanks again for the nice camera work and taking time to post.
Jim

Great quality work. I ordered a Tekno wing after seeing one in your other thread. I plan to make a new tower and integrate it that way as well as making my own chassis brace and just mount it directly to the aluminum support piece which I also have to make. That piece is going to mount to the dif housing as well as the tower. It will take a while, starting to mock it up using card board templates. Thanks again for the nice camera work and taking time to post.
Jim
Are you a machinist? I also agree that the connection to the tower is even stronger and I would have done that if I had the tools/ resources.

Last edited:
Yes, I took it up in Highschool Vo Tech in the 80’s and have been ever since. Still waiting for my career to take off :). I work for 3m Corp. in their super abrasive division. I’m not allowed to use company equipment or materials for my stuff and they are very strict about it so I don’t even try or ask anymore. I do have some equipment in my garage though that I use for light machining and gunsmithing; an old Bridgeport mhead, Southbend Lathe and a few other odds and ends. No cncs or cad at home, just card board cut outs and my eyeballs.

It looks like have some experience and a great eye for detail. If you have the space old machine tools can now and then be found fairly cheap. The problem is their weight and 3 phase electric service needed. They sometimes cost more to move than to buy but you can buy a phase converter or even make one. It’s funny, the smaller Southbend lathes will bring more money than the bigs ones for the simple reason that they are easier to take apart and move.

Yes, I took it up in Highschool Vo Tech in the 80’s and have been ever since. Still waiting for my career to take off :). I work for 3m Corp. in their super abrasive division. I’m not allowed to use company equipment or materials for my stuff and they are very strict about it so I don’t even try or ask anymore. I do have some equipment in my garage though that I use for light machining and gunsmithing; an old Bridgeport mhead, Southbend Lathe and a few other odds and ends. No cncs or cad at home, just card board cut outs and my eyeballs.

It looks like have some experience and a great eye for detail. If you have the space old machine tools can now and then be found fairly cheap. The problem is their weight and 3 phase electric service needed. They sometimes cost more to move than to buy but you can buy a phase converter or even make one. It’s funny, the smaller Southbend lathes will bring more money than the bigs ones for the simple reason that they are easier to take apart and move.

I’m not a machinist but one day I will teach myself. I love working with metal, always had a love for the material. I use the same technique to mock up parts, it’s trial and error. If you need any of the drill hole locations let me know I can send you what I have but if memory serves me, you have already made parts for your truck. If you know people in the industry who have access to do volume and or small scale let me know, I’d be interested in funding/ influencing some projects if interested. I did a few projects with DDM racing back in the day and once had a small catalogue of custom parts that I designed for C5/C6 corvettes.

Great work, as always!

What motor is that?
Fuze (re branded leopard) 1500kv 6 pole. The ESC is a Fuze rebranded Max6. Basically Losi stuff. The ESC in particular has a higher capacity bec to handle those power hungry spektrum receivers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back