Kraton Just a heads up about the v5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bollucks

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Just got done doing a lwb conversion on my notorious with the new v5 kraton chassis. Everything bolts up the same the only different is that the bulges on the chassis for the diff. On the previous versions there was a bulge just on one side of the chassis for the front and rear diff, with the new chassis it is a lot wider. This doesn’t affect putting it in the older versions but what it does affect is skid plates and bumpers. Granted I have only tried this with the rpm bumper and rear skid plate.

They will mount up fine but you will need to do some trimming on the bottom of the skid plate and bumper to allow for the new larger diff bulge, took me a few minutes with a dremel and good to go.

Just wanted to give any of you guys who bought the v5s a heads up you will have to do some modifications to get the rpm bumper and skid plate installed.

I noticed with the exb and newer V5 versions they have gone over to the “Mojave” hump for the diffs. And also, the exb arms are of the same design as the Mojave as well.... notice the new exb Mojave didn’t get any new arms ... that’s because they were already the same as the exb to begin with. ??‍♂️ The new exb arms are simply stretched Mojave arms. (Of course this is my opinion) lol

^^^ I noticed the same regarding the Mojave arms being EXB derivatives. Even before any EXB arms were released, The RTR Mojave arms were regarded as beefed up. And they are strong too.
Just got done doing a lwb conversion on my notorious with the new v5 kraton chassis. Everything bolts up the same the only different is that the bulges on the chassis for the diff. On the previous versions there was a bulge just on one side of the chassis for the front and rear diff, with the new chassis it is a lot wider. This doesn’t affect putting it in the older versions but what it does affect is skid plates and bumpers. Granted I have only tried this with the rpm bumper and rear skid plate.

They will mount up fine but you will need to do some trimming on the bottom of the skid plate and bumper to allow for the new larger diff bulge, took me a few minutes with a dremel and good to go.

Just wanted to give any of you guys who bought the v5s a heads up you will have to do some modifications to get the rpm bumper and skid plate installed.
The stock V5 bumpers are stout. And appear as strong and functional as the RPM's. I don't see many EXB roller guys replacing them with upgrade bumpers. Like we all did with the V4's.

Ah gotcha didn't realize. I just figured I would mention it so someone else wouldn't get caught off guard. Gotta say swapping out the SWB chassis for the LWB was alot easier then I thought.

I just put mine on and they seemed to fit fine
I just put mine on and they seemed to fit fine

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back