Typhon Just picked up a Typhon roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRONWORKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Came across a NIB Typhon roller on Marketplace for $300. This will be the 1st buggy I’ve had since the 90s!

I’m stoked…. Thinking about either a Rally car build for mostly on road use or a truggiesh build with Outcast hubs & some meaty 2.8s.

Congrats on good deal!!

Keep us updated

I’ve been thinking of do a rally myself

I kinda want a Typhon myself. Good for you. Update us. 🏁

Came across a NIB Typhon roller on Marketplace for $300. This will be the 1st buggy I’ve had since the 90s!

I’m stoked…. Thinking about either a Rally car build for mostly on road use or a truggiesh build with Outcast hubs & some meaty 2.8s.
Excellent find at a decent price no less. Great pick for an Arrma, no doubt. My TLRT Roller is awesome. One of my fav Arrma's. Running on 4s packs is all you need with a Typhon. It's a light chassis and quite well balanced with only 4s packs. 4s packs makes it shine and easy to drive. Drivetrain being more durable.
Many do run 6s packs. I personally didn't like it however. We all drive differently. If just dedicated speed running, 6s packs is the way to go however.

Last edited:
May have to snag or build another to do both options :geek: I used a delta plastik body for my on road. I swapped to senton arms and drive shafts with infraction towers/shocks to get it low for an on road body and kinda did my own thing for the body mounts. I did the belted 2.8's on another too.

off road typhon 2.jpg

off road typhon 3.jpg

off road typhon 4.jpg

off road typhon.jpg

on road typhon 2.jpg

on road typhon.jpg

street typhon.jpg

I would recommend anyone just getting into serious RC electric cars to start with this combination. It can quickly determine if you want to stunt-bash, course race, or speed run/drag race. No other platform will do them all well with minimal modification like the typhon.

That's a nice roller. What are you gonna put in it? 🏁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back