Kraton Question about the EXB front upper rear suspension mount installed on a V5.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm installing the EXB suspension mount on my V5. The new hinge pins are not threaded on the end like the stock V5. But it came with these two small screws which look like they go here, circled in blue.

Are they to tighten and press against the non-threaded ends of these new EXB hinge pins? I honestly have no idea.
1000002180.jpg

1000002181.jpg

1000002183.jpg

Is this how it should go?

1000002179.jpg

Yep. That's it. Loctite & don't over tighten them. Snug em down.

Takes the 'pinch' out of the A arm like a threaded one does. So the A arm can move freely up & down or better than being pinched down with a threaded style hinge pin.

The stock plastic threaded one will bend if the pin is torqued on down, pinching the A arm. If left too loose so that won't happen, it's possible the pin could back out. The EXB setup eliminates all that.

The stock plastic threaded one will bend if the pin is torqued on down, pinching the A arm. If left too loose so that won't happen, it's possible the pin could back out. The EXB setup eliminates all that.
I've not ran into the issue of the a arm getting pinched, hell I've actually had to add in more shims on many occasions to remove the excess slop in the upper a arms. 99.9999999999999999999999% of the slop in the front end of the 6s vehicles comes from the upper a arms.

I've not ran into the issue of the a arm getting pinched, hell I've actually had to add in more shims on many occasions to remove the excess slop in the upper a arms. 99.9999999999999999999999% of the slop in the front end of the 6s vehicles comes from the upper a arms.
I only have three 6s vehicles. It was my Notorious that was that way. They were way too loose RTR so I gave them a snug with the hex driver & it pinched them down. Ran it loose, like it was, & ended up cracking the plastic rear upper hinge pin mount. Just my experience. I'm no expert. Agree with you on the a arms.

Back