Kraton Just bought a kraton blx looking at what upgrades are best to get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what type of conditions your driving it in. Out of the box the Krston can't take a lot of punishment.

New Chassis braces are a good upgrade if you do big jumps, the stock pinion will strip shortly (I'd start there), wheels aren't great but depends on terrain you are driving in.

Depends what type of conditions your driving it in. Out of the box the Krston can't take a lot of punishment.

New Chassis braces are a good upgrade if you do big jumps, the stock pinion will strip shortly (I'd start there), wheels aren't great but depends on terrain you are driving in.
Was mainly gonna do speed runs and the ocacinal off road

What spur and pinion rekon go??

Ill get a diffrent servo with steel gears

The spur is fine , the pinion is garbage. Tekno, Robinson racing are both good. For on road runs you don't need upgrades chassis braces. With stock or SRC tires you can get away with a 16 or 17 pinion for on road bashing.

What brands are good and can u link plz

I got the other spur gear that cam with the kit and tools would that be the same (garbage).

What brands are good and can u link plz

I got the other spur gear that cam with the kit and tools would that be the same (garbage).

I like Robinson racing as I’ve always had good luck with their stuff. Easiest way to search is type 12 then the number of teeth you want.
12 tooth is Robinson racing 1212
15 tooth is Robinson racing 1215

Important that it’s 5mm mod1

Here is a link. Feel free to search whatever online vendor you prefer. Amazon, eBay, hobby shop.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...XQvMdOIMB5ixI_tSPEZKROpIeZjxW_ehoC41MQAvD_BwE

In addition to already mentioned...I would get a motor fan (got hobbywing c4), diff oil (running 50/100/30k), reinforce body with drywall tape and shoo goo.

Looking to see what upgrades to do on my new arrma kraton blx 6s
Sealed bearings should be on the list. If you aren't planning on jumping, the stock braces should be fine, and keep the weight down. Lots of speed run threads you can follow here. Center spool is a big help in speed runs. The stock servo will be fine if you set your end points correctly and keep it mostly on road. Most servos have a 6V and 7.2V spec, so you can run off the stock esc, with the lower speed and torque of the two values. There's a few servos that run at 6V that will give you slightly better results than the stock unit. Search the forum on threads that cover some of those options.

When you say speed runs, how fast are you looking to go?

I have done the following so far with the Kraton 6s V4:
61.7 mph with 15t pinion everything else original. (was losing control due to front tires ballooning)
65.6 mph with 15t pinion and changed center diff fluid to 500k (thicker diff fluid resolved the over spinning of the front tires)
I think the Kraton tires could probably break into the 70-80mph range before they shred or come un-glued.

This setup above with the 15t is great for off-road also, I was able to go to the skatepark and do backflips all day. I have had zero issues with the truck in stock form. Servo works good enough although it is a bit underpowered for the big tires.

This sort of speed is plenty for 99% of RC drivers. If you have never gone 60mph with an RC car it is faster than most realize....

-Liberty

Sealed bearings should be on the list. If you aren't planning on jumping, the stock braces should be fine, and keep the weight down. Lots of speed run threads you can follow here. Center spool is a big help in speed runs. The stock servo will be fine if you set your end points correctly and keep it mostly on road. Most servos have a 6V and 7.2V spec, so you can run off the stock esc, with the lower speed and torque of the two values. There's a few servos that run at 6V that will give you slightly better results than the stock unit. Search the forum on threads that cover some of those options.
I hope he is still around to heed your advice ?

The FastEddy set for the Kraton have everything that’s needed?
It does, including for small bearings to replace bushings in the steering posts.
The OP's post was from over a year ago ?
I didn’t even notice that... ?
Sometimes it takes an old post to find a new answer. @DaedalEVE is obviously doing some good searching, and for me, well this is what happens when I log in before finishing my first cup of coffee in the morning?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back