Senton Just bought a senton 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not disputing, looking to learn more myself. But how is that a better deal?
5000mah vs 7000mah and 50c vs 55c for $25 more. Also not sure if what he found was a hard or soft pack, but if he's new like me, I'd advise hardpacks.
I prefer soft case as all the hard case packs I’ve bought have had more issues than soft case. As far as MAH, 6000mah is more than enough IMO, with 5000mah being the sweet spot for this particular brand/model. I own 6000mah HRB packs and they are quite long. 7000mah would be potentially longer and might not fit. 50C vs 55C is splitting hairs.

I prefer soft case as all the hard case packs I’ve bought have had more issues than soft case. As far as MAH, 6000mah is more than enough IMO, with 5000mah being the sweet spot for this particular brand/model. I own 6000mah HRB packs and they are quite long. 7000mah would be potentially longer and might not fit. 50C vs 55C is splitting hairs.
Can you elaborate or link a thread on the "sweet spot"? I've been going on the assumption that more MaH equals longer run times. And good point about the size. I didnt even consider that when I ordered my HRBs and I doubt the gf did either when she bought the 6200mah 60c Youme's for me for Christmas. The only 5000mah I have is a 2s Gens battery thrown in with my Senton 3s and its same length but thinner. Im glad you mentioned this though, I assumed sizes were standard and this will be something I consider next time I order. Wont always be lucky, size-wise.

Can you elaborate or link a thread on the "sweet spot"? I've been going on the assumption that more MaH equals longer run times. And good point about the size. I didnt even consider that when I ordered my HRBs and I doubt the gf did either when she bought the 6200mah 60c Youme's for me for Christmas. The only 5000mah I have is a 2s Gens battery thrown in with my Senton 3s and its same length but thinner. Im glad you mentioned this though, I assumed sizes were standard and this will be something I consider next time I order. Wont always be lucky, size-wise.
The longer run time means more heat build up. The larger packs also weigh more. Running moderate sized packs allow you to let your truck cool off when you stop to change packs.

The longer run time means more heat build up. The larger packs also weigh more. Running moderate sized packs allow you to let your truck cool off when you stop to change packs.
Thanks and great points. I have yet to worry about heat build ups, seeing as my first Senton I got in October and second was last weekend.

I compared the size to what I have now. Then hrbs I found were slightly smaller than what I have. But judging by all of your medals or banners whatever they are called. I’ll take your advice.

I compared the size to what I have now. Then hrbs I found were slightly smaller than what I have. But judging by all of your medals or banners whatever they are called. I’ll take your advice.
That just means I don’t have much better to do than post a bunch 🤣😜🤘🏻

Same here. I figure those guys been there and wasted their money so we can save ours lol

FWIW, I run Ovonics in my Senton, Kraton 6s, and TA MT10, and I've had good luck with all of them. The 3s packs that I buy - with the IC connectors - usually cost about $32 per from Amazon.

I bought a 2 pack of 3s 80c 5500 mah lipos from Amazon for $70. They haven't given me any problems

Well guys. Had my first ever rc experience at a skate park today. It was awesome. This thing was launching 20 feet in the air at times. I started to figure out how to correct in mid air. All in all a very fun 30mins or so. The carnage however was less than I expected. The back bumper is now broken. Some of the body is ripped up. A couple of the little pin holders are broken and I completely sheered the top off a shock off. Lol got new shocks on the way but overall not too bad for what I put it through today.

Thanks for that advice I had no clue on the lipos. These spectrum batteries seem to be a good one. Are there any batteries you can recommend? The 30c batteries are about $60 so I’m fine with more expensive than that
I like Lectronics. My 2 3S Batteries lasted a while and durning 9 or so warm months I run in Iowa. Sadly learned the hard way about Winter, I want my Trucks to last so they sit on the racks until Early March. My batteries have treated me well, I need to replace my 3S now but 3 or so good years of charge and runs works for me. Lectronics are not to hard on the Wallet either. Only thing I'd change is I can't seem to find Hard Packs anymore. They are all wrapped in plastic now, it's been fine but just a preference for me.

FWIW, I run Ovonics in my Senton, Kraton 6s, and TA MT10, and I've had good luck with all of them. The 3s packs that I buy - with the IC connectors - usually cost about $32 per from Amazon.
I run them too and Best value for me, Cheap price GREAT Batteries i own 6 6200mah 50c and 2 5200mah 50c

5551AF1A-5D07-4224-815A-C193C2B426F2.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back