Infraction Just pulled the trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojave@arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Infraction 4x4
On an infraction so I had to do some out of the box upgrades after first few runs ! Now it’s a beast max6 /1650kv motor combo just screeched off my first set of tires 😂

6DB2C536-9EAF-4B64-92CA-3613D59BA73D.jpeg

720AC0D3-FD50-4C56-956C-DFDC5D1F9333.jpeg

The max 6 definitely turns up the heat 🔥! Have you weighed it since you changed/added everything? Just curious I’ve had mine now for a couple months. I’m getting a feel gif driving and I’m planning on adding some weight to the back end couple ounces see if that changes braking as it’s a little front heavy.

I know I need too as well, been wanting them for a year!! And they are only 33£.. cant beat it!!
I'm just lazy and don't want to cut anything. I don't understand why no one has made one pre cut.

Man I really need to get some of those fenders one day
Much needed the fenders are 👍🏻 If not rocks you get in there boulders 😂 scorched rc have some of the nicest parts from UK
Nice brother.. looks dope!!
thanks it’s a blast 👍🏻 Been tinkering with rc cars since I was knee high to a grasshopper! Back before lipo
Nice V1 Infr.(y)
V2 there b a hand break that’s about all the difference now

Oh V2.
I see the V2 HB now.(y)
Save some weight by removing infr. HB altogether.:whistle: Unless you just prefer Hooning around drifting and all.
A Cross weight scale is the only way to get her balanced out well.

First thing I noticed in the pix was that legacy Arrma Branded "Analog" OE servo. I thought only the V1's came wth that. Thought Spektrum Digital servos came with the newer V2's.:giggle:
Guess not.

Last edited:
I bought a v1 infraction a few weeks ago and it seems like the esc is getting too hot after a few minutes. There’s a fan on it. Is there a big difference in bearing and electronics betweenv1 andv2?

^^^
@bladefan ,
What is too Hot?? Fingers touching can't really tell.
Only a temp Gun will show. An ESC that gets to 130-140F + is hot. When measured Externally at the ESC's heat sink with an inexpensive heat gun.
The ESC will Thermally cut off, protecting itself, ESC Shutting down when Internally, the Power MosFets detect 212F.+ Letting the rig sit with the fan On will cool it down and the ESC will reset. The ESC will flash GREEN when it has thermally shut off. Once cooled a minute or so, it goes away and can be run again. Weather's ambient temps matter. Over gearing can also contribute to higher temps. It is common to gear down a bit in the Hot summer months.
Has Themal Cutting happened with your ESC ??? If it has, yes you are running hot. You can always repace the ESC fan with a better upgrade Fan. We all do this at some point. The stocker fans don't last long FWIW. Also, fans don't last long when they get Wet. Food for thought. Always verify the fan is working before bashing. They can crap out without warning. An overheated ESC can become bricked in a heartbeat. It will have the dreaded Flashing RED trouble code that will remain no matter what you do, will fail to intialize. Best to have a temp gun with you when out bashing. Measure your Motor and Lipo temps as well.
I am still running V1 6s electrics on many of my older Arrma rigs. Much mileage on them.
My gut feeling is that they perform way better than the Current Spektrum ESC's. I would not consider upgrading to Any Spektrum one's. I look to HW or CC as upgrades go. Spektrum is not really any upgrade IMHO. Just standard RTR stuff with many Fluffy "Smart" features. QC has been off with them.

Regarding BB's( bearings), the V1 has Shielded BB's. The newer Arrmas come with Sealed ones. Better. Last longer.
Just run what you got. Consider buying a Sealed replacement Set to replace as you need. Think TRBRC, Avid, Fast Eddy's or Jims BB's as some brands. BB's are consumable items with RC. Best to have a whole set on hand anyway.
Just my opinion.

Edited.

Last edited:
Thanks Src!
My esc was 140f. But that was w fans on and it took me a couple min to get back to my garage and pry the top off. The arrma
body clips are super thicc

I wasn’t sure how to get a decent measurement with the fans on. But 140f seemed right so that’s what I’m going with.

Motor was about 100f

I heard v2 added fans, and changed electronics and gearing? I am having trouble verifying that tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back