Big Rock Pulled the trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
So I broke down and bought a new BR-6S today. Pretty stoked lol. Need to order a couple 6s batteries tonight. Just realized my charger does do 6s so...

Wanna do the light kit and dust cover (anyone have part #'s)?

Anything else that needs to be done to this beast for reliability or fun factor?

20240109_173253.jpg

20240109_173406.jpg

Congrats and welcome. That has to be my favorite body to date. Most arrma bodies are pretty cool imo!

I would also make sure the firmware is up to date on the Firma 150v2 and reduce the timing way down.

Check diff levels, gear mesh, shims, the usual 😀

A fellow gunmetal gray owner! Enjoy!

Nice!
I’m patiently waiting for my LHS to call me when the white one I ordered arrives.

Nice!
I’m patiently waiting for my LHS to call me when the white one I ordered arrives.
Any interest in the new Kraton 6s. To be honest I have both and the Kraton has better parts and they are the same price.

Im not saying the Big Rock is bad. Just that if I knew the new Kraton was coming I would have waited the couple of weeks for that. Here is a youtube video discussing it:

Any interest in the new Kraton 6s. To be honest I have both and the Kraton has better parts and they are the same price.

I’m not a huge fan of he Kraton. I think the Big Rock will suit my driving / bashing needs.

Im not saying the Big Rock is bad. Just that if I knew the new Kraton was coming I would have waited the couple of weeks for that.

I'm not a big fan of the Kraton (no offense to any Kraton owners) 😎
I think the Big Rock will suit my basing needs & driving style.

I'm not a big fan of the Kraton (no offense to any Kraton owners) 😎
I think the Big Rock will suit my basing needs & driving style.
Be sure to at least check out the Kraton 6S EXB V2. Might be the most impressive K6 I have seen to date. 👍

Agree through the Big Rock 6s looks like 🔥

Ok I'm having a brain fart here. I'm looking for leads for my charger to do ec5 connectors. In my mind you would need a female end on charger to go to male end on battery. But everything I see on-line have male ends. Or do I have it backwards.

Screenshot_20240110_193902_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Congrats.
I think its a good idea to use Alloy Front and rear Braces first thing out the box. Maybe consider a Better radio and servo for sure.
You can probably do all that for about $150. if you shop smart.
RL RC4GS is a great radio, about $60. A DS3235 AMZ 35kg servo. $34.
Get your diff oils and shimming in order.
F60k./C500k/R30k cst diff oils.
A good motor fan solution is a given at some point.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
EXB diff housings, better tires would be my first upgrades. And update the firmware if it's not up to date.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back