Fireteam Nothing new just borrowing some ideas from the fam here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Woodie posted what will our RC game be for new RCs for 2024. There is nothing new purchased I hope for me :LOL:

I am going to try to change the look of the FT with a lot of borrowed help and ideas from @Haastnooit and @Tex Koder to make this body a truck basher.

FT runs good with the HobbyStar 4092 1480kv motor 18T pinion with a Max6 ESC. It's strong and runs cool. Adding now:
  • HPI body
  • Some borrowed 3D effects
  • The body needs some help for this heavy rig, so will drywall tape it before bashing
  • All lights were on the FT body, so will add amber to the front and red rear lights
  • Like the look without a wing. The way it is geared, it does not stand, but I do have a low wheelie bar on it (I would love to find one more TBone Racing wheelie bar)
  • Tires: I always ran the FT tires but might try my spare BF 4S tires on it. 🤷‍♂️
I took a gamble and fitted the FT side rails to the Mojave sides. Yes, it is a lot lower, not at the truck body, but I think it will look fine since the Mojave side hides the inside of the RC. Maybe if I do a dark body, it could blend in. I'm not sure of a paint color yet.

Thx for letting me use your ideas, fam. I'm not much of a visionary person.

Wife does not take kindly to RC on her counter tops so I had to move fast while she was in the back :LOL:

1704506076633.png
1704506093305.png
1704506102982.png
1704506117760.png
1704506130562.png

1704506803544.png
1704506825912.png

1704506214613.png
1704506242944.png

That's going to be an awesome looking rig! I've really been wanting to put a truck body on either my Kraton or FT. Hopefully it'll calm my itch for that Big Rock 6s lol.

Thanks, Dan & RCbuzz!

I am doing it because I am not getting the new BR 6S unless the price drops like the FT. I don't think sales will stall as they did on the FT tho.

Already looking good!👍
Just a thought since you are painting a new body: you could which lights on real cars you like and not paint those areas. Put some lights behind that area and your options are basically unlimited. Maybe something like:👇
As for the wheels, I never liked the looks of the stock ones. Yes, I know it needs the perform, but I also a ‘it also needs to looks good’ guy.😉 Liking the wheels you have on them now!
P.S. I can understand the wife's reaction when I see that shiny white kitchen counter😄
1704530893045.png

May I ask how you mounted the front body posts? I’m wanting to do this but I’m going to leave the steps. I am really ready for a change to the FT! And are there any body’s that are going to be direct fit? Meaning I can buy a painted one that’s already existing. I can’t paint. Sorry about the noob questions

May I ask how you mounted the front body posts? I’m wanting to do this but I’m going to leave the steps. I am really ready for a change to the FT! And are there any body’s that are going to be direct fit? Meaning I can buy a painted one that’s already existing. I can’t paint. Sorry about the noob questions
Thank you...

I cannot take any credit. It all goes to @Haastnooit I followed his process to the letter here

Once you see his post you can follow that. I played with my post positions until I found what I liked.... with his blessing, I copied his work and was very happy with the look & completion!

It's looking killer so far. 🏁
The guy at the LHS told me today that the Fireteam was being discontinued. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
That's a tall list there.
Need to narrow it down there. We could be all over the place here. Might not help you much.
That EXB V2 EXB is calling you. A far cry from the previous one. Rare to see such a huge revision with any 6s Arrm a rig these days. Seems to be the best value for the buck of all the 6s Arrma line up. Even if you have one already? IDK.
Even blows away the 1/7 BRCC IMHO. BRCC comes with the Cheap radio.:(

Thank you...

I cannot take any credit. It all goes to @Haastnooit I followed his process to the letter here

Once you see his post you can follow that. I played with my post positions until I found what I liked.... with his blessing, I copied his work and was very happy with the look & completion!
Much appreciation to all!

It's looking killer so far. 🏁
The guy at the LHS told me today that the Fireteam was being discontinued. 🤷‍♂️
If so at least there are enough shared parts to keep it going.

+1
And the BRCC and Mojo will probably keep this XLWB platform going.
Losing that FT body will really make it nice, nimble and light IMHO.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back