Kraton Kraton 4s - Forgive my ignorance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnolam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
So its about that time where im ready to pick up a 2nd truck... (3rd) my thought is to go for the Kraton 4s. Ive read peoples opinions and watched many videos but what im unsure of is whether or not this truck can run on a 2s LiPo. Ive only got the one battery at the moment and would love to get into something a bit faster but don't want to drop a bunch of extra money for 2x 2s or a 3s (first truck would struggle to handle the 3s on a regular basis) and my current charger is not 4s compatible. So long question short.. will the 4s run with a single 2s battery in it?

So its about that time where im ready to pick up a 2nd truck... (3rd) my thought is to go for the Kraton 4s. Ive read peoples opinions and watched many videos but what im unsure of is whether or not this truck can run on a 2s LiPo. Ive only got the one battery at the moment and would love to get into something a bit faster but don't want to drop a bunch of extra money for 2x 2s or a 3s (first truck would struggle to handle the 3s on a regular basis) and my current charger is not 4s compatible. So long question short.. will the 4s run with a single 2s battery in it?
Short answer, yes. Think like this. A Good 4s will get you to about 50mph with the stock gearing. A good 2s will get you about 1/2 of that. Is it worth it? DIIK.

You can get 3S lipos off Amazon now for about $30 and 4S for a little bit more. Just throwing it out there in case you didn’t know.

Must be nice to have those USD to spend :p

Short answer, yes. Think like this. A Good 4s will get you to about 50mph with the stock gearing. A good 2s will get you about 1/2 of that. Is it worth it? DIIK.

Thanks for the insight GOM!

Last edited:
Specs on the BLX120 says 3s and 4s only. I wouldn't try to run a 2s on it.

I might get some crap for this... But have you thought about another brand? Not Traxxas by any means but there are a lot of cool trucks out there that will run 2s just fine. You really want to run these Arrma trucks on what they are meant for. Either drop the dough for the proper battery or look for something else. I have a Losi rock Rey that is bad ass on 2s. It's a totally different animal but it's also super fun and only requires a 2-3s battery.

You know the ole saying, you have to pay to play! Lol

Could pick up the 3S variant? They'll run 2S fine with ability to use 3S down the line. Probably 30 mph on 2S, which isn't too bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back