Kraton Kraton 4s sometimes moves on its own and no reverse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
I've been learning all kinds of things about my Kraton and parts. Usually when something breaks. Haven't been into hobby grade long and I'm a hands on learner. Sucks but that's how my brain wants to work I guess. I think I narrowed my issue to adjusting the throttle trim. But I'm not familiar with the purpose of it. If I adjust it, I get reverse and it stops moving on its own. Is there an easy to understand explanation as to why? I like to understand so hopefully I have less mistakes.

I haven't had that issue yet but i know with my Typhon 6s and my Kraton 6s, when i linked the remote on both cars i did what the manual said to do and everything worked ok except the throttle was backwards so i just flipped the switch on the remote...
I haven't asked anyone on here about that problem yet.. Still new to all this Arrma stuff..:)

I've been learning all kinds of things about my Kraton and parts. Usually when something breaks. Haven't been into hobby grade long and I'm a hands on learner. Sucks but that's how my brain wants to work I guess. I think I narrowed my issue to adjusting the throttle trim. But I'm not familiar with the purpose of it. If I adjust it, I get reverse and it stops moving on its own. Is there an easy to understand explanation as to why? I like to understand so hopefully I have less mistakes.
Yeah man I had the same problem w my kraton and luckily I have the solution. On the yt channel kill mode rc look at the blx 185 programming video and that explains how to do it. Had the same exact problem w my kraton 4s. Good luck! And I know that explains it on the blx 185 but it works the same on the blx 120

I noticed that reverse will not work unless the transmitter is set to 100% throttle. The esc will never detect 100% brakes if you have it limited to 75 or 50%.

You could also try setting the throttle end points through the process in the user manual. I would set the throttle trim to center before doing that.

The ESC needs to be calibrated with the settings of the transmitter and receiver, there is a moderate margin of adjustment required sometimes afterwards - the trim is for this. You will see that there is a steering trim also.

As a hands on learning myself I would still recommend the manual, in this case any transmitter manual.

Yeah man I had the same problem w my kraton and luckily I have the solution. On the yt channel kill mode rc look at the blx 185 programming video and that explains how to do it. Had the same exact problem w my kraton 4s. Good luck! And I know that explains it on the blx 185 but it works the same on the blx 120
All good now! Recalibrated the esc. Brake isn’t as quick but that is probably better to leave it with a little give. Less stress on the vehicle I’d assume. Ty for the advice.

All good now! Recalibrated the esc. Brake isn’t as quick but that is probably better to leave it with a little give. Less stress on the vehicle I’d assume. Ty for the advice.
Sweet thats awesome.. I still need to learn how to change the levels for more power if im saying that right... Haven't done that yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back