Kraton Kraton 4S vs Granite 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kowal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I found a used Kraton 4s for $396 and a nearly new granite converted to a 4S for $322. Which one should i choose? rather, paying extra is out.

Do you know what models the Kraton and Granite are? That could be a big difference in my choice.

The v1 Kraton 4S is not great…Shocks RX/tx driveshafts tires… Even the chassis size was underwhelming compared to v2 and v3( maybe v2.5) which are more planted.

If you have pics share some and we could compare better especially seeing the MOTOR and ESC choice that was used for the 4S Granite.

Do you know what models the Kraton and Granite are? That could be a big difference in my choice.

The v1 Kraton 4S is not great…Shocks RX/tx driveshafts tires… Even the chassis size was underwhelming compared to v2 and v3( maybe v2.5) which are more planted.

If you have pics share some and we could compare better especially seeing the MOTOR and ESC choice that was used for the 4S GranitI'm not new, but I don't know anything about arrmas, b

If you have pics share some and we could compare better especially seeing the MOTOR and ESC choice that was used for the 4S Granite.
I don't have an arma yet and I don't know much about the nomenclature, but Granite has ESC from the 4s outcast and a 3200kv motor

Screenshot_20240216_121200_OLXpl.jpg

Screenshot_20240216_121153_OLXpl.jpg

Screenshot_20240216_121101_OLXpl.jpg

Screenshot_20240216_121051_OLXpl.jpg

In the pictures that appears to be V2, Kraton 4S, which is a far superior truck to the granite, things like differentials, axles and shocks. My choice would be the Kraton 4s, but I am partial I have three of them. Things that need to be improved before you drive it, longer hinge pins for the lower control arms and if you can find hinge pin aluminum block's that would also be a good improvement as well as an M2 C chassis brace these things make this little truck almost indestructible.

I found a used Kraton 4s for $396 and a nearly new granite converted to a 4S for $322. Which one should i choose? rather, paying extra is out.
Are you in the US?....... If so you can get a new Kraton V2.5 for about $380 with discount codes at Tower Hobbies. I believe code: Tower15 is still working for 15% and if not you can pay $10 to become a Super Saver Member and you will get a 15% off code.

This would be a far better choice than either of your used options.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 6.48.59 AM.png

In the pictures that appears to be V2, Kraton 4S, which is a far superior truck to the granite, things like differentials, axles and shocks. My choice would be the Kraton 4s, but I am partial I have three of them. Things that need to be improved before you drive it longer hinge pins for the lower control arms and if you can find hinge pin, aluminum block that would also be a good improvement as well as an M2 C chassis brace these things make this little truck almost indestructible.
Is granite worth attention?

Are you in the US?....... If so you can get a new Kraton V2.5 or new Outcast V2.5 for about $360-$370 with discount codes at Tower Hobbies. I believe code: Tower15 is still working for 15% and if not you can pay $10 to become a Super Saver Member and you will get a 15% off code.

Im in poland :)

Are you in the US?....... If so you can get a new Kraton V2.5 for about $380 with discount codes at Tower Hobbies. I believe code: Tower15 is still working for 15% and if not you can pay $10 to become a Super Saver Member and you will get a 15% off code.

View attachment 348823
In poland its 569 usd

So for $449.00 you can buy a brand new Kraton 4s shipped with warranty. The granite is not worth $322. The pictures show a Granite Mega that someone plopped in a 4s esc and a crappy motor. Steer clear of this one. Of the two the Kraton is the closer value. You should pay more like $350 not $400. If you can pick it up for $350 shipped it's a fair deal.

So for $449.00 you can buy a brand new Kraton 4s shipped with warranty. The granite is not worth $322. The pictures show a Granite Mega that someone plopped in a 4s esc and a crappy motor. Steer clear of this one. Of the two the Kraton is the closer value. You should pay more like $350 not $400. If you can pick it up for $350 shipped it's a fair deal.

Agreed.

That Granite was a very Basic model.
Not worth it and will Only lead to problems when forced to run on 4S power...

The Kraton 4S is a version 2 and have Better/stronger Suspension arms, Shocks and slipper clutch with a thicker motor plate.

It's just better overall.
💥👊

View attachment 348823
Thanks for the coupon code I snatched up one of those for myself!!

Back