Kraton Kraton 4s v2.5 pinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLUTCHonDEMAND

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Thinking about upgraded the pinion gear.if im correct stock pinion is 13t. Looking for recomendstions how many teeth to go up 14t 15t 16t and what kind of stress on system that may apply. And how does uping the teeth impact the battery life. Battery live as is with 6200mah is about 5 6 fast tack runs and its over heated or dead battery. Not necessarily looking for a speed demon just a little more so i can maybe lower punch setting a possible preserve battery life.

15t seems to be the sweet spot. 13t is stock but I've seen people go over 15 and it begins to heat up the electronics a bit. I haven't installed my 15t yet. Once I dialed in the esc and changed the center diff fluid, the 13t ran great. Didn't see a need to mess with it yet

15t seems to be the sweet spot. 13t is stock but I've seen people go over 15 and it begins to heat up the electronics a bit. I haven't installed my 15t yet. Once I dialed in the esc and changed the center diff fluid, the 13t ran great. Didn't see a need to mess with it yet
What did you do to the esc. Mine seems to have some issue overheating or something.

What did you do to the esc. Mine seems to have some issue overheating or something.

If your ESC is already having overheating problems, DO NOT increase the pinion size! It'll be worse.

I used the spektrum programmer and first thing I did was update the firmware of the esc. Even the 2.5 models seem to have the older software. I was having a LVC issue. It was happening way too soon but once I updated the firmware it went away. I also changed the punch setting to 8. Factory stock is 6 and max is 9. I will most likely dial it back to 7. My car runs cool tho never over heats. I also don't run it full throttle constantly like alot of people do.

I used the spektrum programmer and first thing I did was update the firmware of the esc. Even the 2.5 models seem to have the older software. I was having a LVC issue. It was happening way too soon but once I updated the firmware it went away. I also changed the punch setting to 8. Factory stock is 6 and max is 9. I will most likely dial it back to 7. My car runs cool tho never over heats. I also don't run it full throttle constantly like alot of people do.
Yeah i have been having same issue. I ordered the programmer last week just have not got around to updating it.

Back