Kraton Finish designing shaft cover kraton 4s v2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought i would share my design for center shaft cover for the kraton 4s v2.5. I hope this help you all with those rocks!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6586823
I like the idea of it. I would definately print one out to try it.

A suggestion, if I may? Make two holes (Ref. photo below) to make sure that it doesn't come apart. This would require drilling and countersinking the chassis though and not everyone has the mechanical ability (or tooling) to do this correctly.

1713613323492.png

I like the idea of it. I would definately print one out to try it.

A suggestion, if I may? Make two holes (Ref. photo below) to make sure that it doesn't come apart. This would require drilling and countersinking the chassis though and not everyone has the mechanical ability (or tooling) to do this correctly.

View attachment 362038
I can do that. But i don't think it needs it as the battery sits on top of 1 side and you can place a piece of Velcro on the other side. Like i did for one i made from clear plastic sheet.

Also hooks under the block holding the gearbox.

I wanted to make something so it was quick and easy to get on and off.

20240403_173027.jpg

Very nice work!

Do I see a 3s version in the future? 😀
If i had a 3s car i would, Hard to design with without.

Last edited:
Man, this is awesome! Looks neat!

What do you think, is it possible to make a tighter fit around this area? Feels like small rocks could still get in. Perhaps going as close as possible to the motor body and trying to mimic the curvature of the drive shaft. Something like this.

Anyway, this is a wonderful design as is! Well done! 🤘

1713646461319.png

Man, this is awesome! Looks neat!

What do you think, is it possible to make a tighter fit around this area? Feels like small rocks could still get in. Perhaps going as close as possible to the motor body and trying to mimic the curvature of the drive shaft. Something like this.

Anyway, this is a wonderful design as is! Well done! 🤘

View attachment 362192
I haven't had any issues yet but only early days. I might make it longer and go around thr bearing.

I haven't had any issues yet but only early days. I might make it longer and go around thr bearing.

Using the bearing as a rock/debris shield.. Brilliant!

Back