Kraton 4s v2 servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal31217

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello I’m looking to upgrade my steering servo on my kraton and was wondering whats the best on to put in it that would be fast but move the tires

Look on Amazon and get something with lots of good reviews. There is a 35kg for $35, I have that one in my notorious.
You'll also need a new servo horn with the correct nr of spines. Spektrum decided they wanted to be special and have a bespoke nr of splines.

Look on Amazon and get something with lots of good reviews. There is a 35kg for $35, I have that one in my notorious.
You'll also need a new servo horn with the correct nr of spines. Spektrum decided they wanted to be special and have a bespoke nr of splines.
If I’m correct the stock servo is a 23t

I am really excited about my 4s v2 Kraton! Did 2, 3s runs so far and didn't have to run out to flip it back on it's wheels yet! It seems nice, fun and fast. I am not a big jumper though...
What I notice it that it does run wide turning, like full speed on a short mowed field. Would the servo replacement with that 35kg servo that @The Bean mentioned, along with a 25t servo saver, like https://www.amazon.com/Kimbrough-Se...prefix=servo+saver,toys-and-games,154&sr=1-10 be the fix? I have not looked into steering stuff before, and the truck is so new to the market I get confused over what is compatible. Is there anything else I should upgrade while I am in there? I don't mind spending a bit more if it would get me a better servo either. Servo horn, servo saver, all new to me, lots to learn!
Any guidance and advice is much appreciated.

The wide steering at high speeds is partially bc the front wheels are slightly in the air, reducing the steering effects.
Also, slop, the servo saver and a weak servo all contribute to less steering angle

Also, slop, the servo saver and a weak servo all contribute to less steering angle
Thanks! So do I use a 25t servo saver Like that kimbrough with that 35kg servo, and then work on my driving technique? Is a servo saver a "must have" or can you set your steering endpoints carefully and just use linkage, the "servo horn"?
I saw on another thread that the servo you mention gets good talk on here as well as Amazon, probably order one of those as soon as I figure out what I need to go from 23t to 25 t.

I saw on another thread that the servo you mention gets good talk on here as well as Amazon, probably order one of those as soon as I figure out what I need to go from 23t to 25 t.
That servo comes with an aluminium servo horn, but I don't know if it fits the ARRMA 4s range. I had to get a new one because it wasn't tall enough for my 6s Notorious. If it doesn't fit, just order another aluminium 25T servo horn, and see if that fits better.
and then work on my driving technique?
If you want sharper steering at high speeds, let off the gas/brake lightly when you want to steer. This pushes the front wheels down.
Is a servo saver a "must have" or can you set your steering endpoints carefully and just use linkage, the "servo horn"?
Most RC cars have one stock, but they are very loose. They save the servo (hence the name) by absorbing the shock, but if they are to weak (which they are), they stop the wheels from steering if they're blocked. Usually, a tighter spring should be all you need to tighten up the steering.

After installing a new servo, readjust your endpoints, just to be sure.

It’s a 23 tooth servo horn, yes? Who sells those?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back