Kraton 4S V2 quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rig started to only go about 20 ft away then it would take off at full speed by itself. I got a hold of HH and they told me it was the ESC, I told them it was the receiver not the ESC. They sent me out an ESC instead anyways and told me to try it first and we'd go from there. I swapped ESC and tested it. Needless to say the rig took off and backflipped off of a tree, which ended up breaking chasis and rear diff. I contacted HH again and was told since they sent out a part and it didn't fix the issue that I had to send my whole truggy in to them for repair.

My rig started to only go about 20 ft away then it would take off at full speed by itself. I got a hold of HH and they told me it was the ESC, I told them it was the receiver not the ESC. They sent me out an ESC instead anyways and told me to try it first and we'd go from there. I swapped ESC and tested it. Needless to say the rig took off and backflipped off of a tree, which ended up breaking chasis and rear diff. I contacted HH again and was told since they sent out a part and it didn't fix the issue that I had to send my whole truggy in to them for repair.
Can I save ya some brain damage? I know these toys are lots of money, no one really leaves them stock.

Once it comes back from them (if you go that route) sell off all the new electronics and toss the servo in the garbage. Grab a Castle or Hobby wing system and a Savox servo. Grab a FUTABA T4PM and RX. Moving forward, just buy new Futaba RX's for all your rigs. The TX can hold like 100 different RC's.

You won't have the telemetry or all those fancy gadgets but in RC, those are not needed.

Can I save ya some brain damage? I know these toys are lots of money, no one really leaves them stock.

Once it comes back from them (if you go that route) sell off all the new electronics and toss the servo in the garbage. Grab a Castle or Hobby wing system and a Savox servo. Grab a FUTABA T4PM and RX. Moving forward, just buy new Futaba RX's for all your rigs. The TX can hold like 100 different RC's.

You won't have the telemetry or all those fancy gadgets but in RC, those are not needed.
Appreciate the info, I'll look into it for sure.

My 6s Notorious ESC went on fire and totaled it out. Body burned and all. HH did a poor job. Rear Driveshaft was rubbing/binding at the rear brace. Because the Rr. brace spacers were "reversed". They said they test drove it , how could they have not seen that?:rolleyes: They replaced the servo , and didn't set the ST EPA as well.
So I can't say HH service was any good. But at least it was all free, FWIW.:sneaky:
HH did pay shipping both ways. And even replaced parts that were simply worn out. Probably cost them as much as a complete NIB 6s Noto. It was almost $350.00 in parts when I did the math. Not including Labor. They Tried hard to please me at least. It was returned inside of 2 weeks. It is rare that they ask to get the rig back and repair it themselves. They usually just keep throwing replacement parts at you for the 2 year warranty period. Usually the Spektrum electrics is what fails under warranty.
What @gotnitro stated above is gospel....(y) You will get the most RC Fun for your $$ like he stated.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back