Kraton Kraton 6s backflip on launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm new to RC and my first car is a used kraton 6s BLX v2 car was babied always on 3s no jumps etc. but on 4-6s it does standing backflips on launch it was cool at first but I kinda want to drive the dam thing lol how can I stop this
All the advice others offered is valid. Find your manual and lower the punch setting in your ESC, then practice easing into the throttle trigger.

Definitely stick with 4s if you can't keep the wheels on the ground and aren't jumping it. The newer Kratons come with a transmitter that you can lower the top speed by a switch if you really have to, not sure about the older ones.

Thinner fluid in the center diff works well for me, so I can still drive like I’ve got no sense.. -which is preferred when bashing lol… 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤙
Thinner center diff fluid cuts down wheelies a lot. Besides my two Arrma 6s vehicles, I own a Traxxas Maxx. It came with 20M diff fluid in the center, and all it did was wheelie. Changing the diff fluid to 1M stopped the constant wheelies, but I can still wheelie on demand with a quick mash of the trigger.

Thinner center diff fluid cuts down wheelies a lot. Besides my two Arrma 6s vehicles, I own a Traxxas Maxx. It came with 20M diff fluid in the center, and all it did was wheelie. Changing the diff fluid to 1M stopped the constant wheelies, but I can still wheelie on demand with a quick mash of the trigger.
Exactly. I’m not alone in that then lol… Just constantly see the moral majority refuse to do it in the bashing scene.. 😅

With a 6s truck you do most of your driving in the middle of your throttle. The last third of your trigger is for doing stunts.

Ye I try to ease on the throttle but even when I get to a good speed and start getting faster it will back flip even on 4s, I did want to reset the ecs and change the settings and I'll look into doing the dif fluid thanks.. also I recently changed the servo and disconnect the esc from the receiver and now it's going in reverse without me pressing anything I read somewhere that it's probably the failsafe?

I understand what you mean. Both my Kraton and Sledge when they reach about 3/4 speed they stand up on their rear wheels. Speed run trucks are set up differently than bashers, they run their center diffs thin so the trucks can't wheelie. You also need to run your front diff thick so your front end doesn't diff hop between the two front wheels.

I understand what you mean. Both my Kraton and Sledge when they reach about 3/4 speed they stand up on their rear wheels. Speed run trucks are set up differently than bashers, they run their center diffs thin so the trucks can't wheelie. You also need to run your front diff thick so your front end doesn't diff hop between the two front wheels.
Ok so center I should go thin and thicker in front

Ok so center I should go thin and thicker in front
Just want to drive on pavement until I can get a handle for things then I'll start bashing it's been 20+ years since I driven a RC and it's 100% different than it was then lol

Just keep in mind if you're not going to educate your throttle finger, thinner center fluid will create more diff action(heat) and need service more frequently in bearings/silicone. If you don't have an aluminum center cup, that will fail quickly.

Just want to drive on pavement until I can get a handle for things then I'll start bashing it's been 20+ years since I driven a RC and it's 100% different than it was then lol

Driving on dirt is easier on the car and it will wheelie/backflip less on flat ground.

Thinner fluid in the center diff works well for me, so I can still drive like I’ve got no sense.. -which is preferred when bashing lol… 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤙
Do you know what fluid I should use? I'm a bit confused because I'm shopping on Amazon right now and I see 20k 50k 100k 1 mil and 20wt 50wt etc

Just keep in mind if you're not going to educate your throttle finger, thinner center fluid will create more diff action(heat) and need service more frequently in bearings/silicone. If you don't have an aluminum center cup, that will fail quickly.
The center and front both have aluminum cases the car came with upgrades but the previous owner don't remember what fluid he used and it hasn't been changed in over 2 years

Last edited:
Back