Kraton Kraton 6s EXB Reset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJWRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just after some advice so I unboxed my Kraton on Friday took it for its first run all seemed well but to cut a long story short I tried setting steering endpoints the next day watching YouTube tutorials which didn’t go to plan ended up losing reverse and braking eventually done something to the receiver which made it work again but my question is there any way to reset everything back to the way it was when it came straight out the box ?

This may help it’ll reset your trigger controls at least

But as for resetting it back to out of box no they just do the end point and trigger setup before they put it in the box

Last edited:
Steering endpoints have nothing to do with the ESC. Only throttle endpoints/ calibration affect the ESC.
Ok I’m new to this so don’t really fully understand yet so would it just be a case of resetting the transmitter ? as I was having issues in my second run with the steering randomly going left or right when I was trying to fix it with the trim it wasn’t really doing much then when I turned the avc knob fully back to the left it seemed to resolve the issue not sure if that’s the way it’s meant to be set up

So I had a problem with the avc/steering trim on that dx3 remote i go to turn the avc down and it somehow screwed up my steering trim but I ended up just rebinding the car to the receiver with the avc off because I didn’t use it

I think it happened when I used the dx3 to run both my Kraton v2exb and my 6s Mojave the avc/steering trim messed up but I since got the dx6c

Ok I’m new to this so don’t really fully understand yet so would it just be a case of resetting the transmitter ? as I was having issues in my second run with the steering randomly going left or right when I was trying to fix it with the trim it wasn’t really doing much then when I turned the avc knob fully back to the left it seemed to resolve the issue not sure if that’s the way it’s meant to be set up
A reset of the transmitter might solve your endpoint issue. But you might have an issue with AVC: as you found out, when the AVC is turned up too high, you might get random steering movements. The AVC is like a gyro - it's trying to correct the path of the vehicle to keep it going straight. If turned up too high, any input by you could result in the AVC trying to turn the Kraton the other way to keep it on a straight path.

A reset of the transmitter might solve your endpoint issue. But you might have an issue with AVC: as you found out, when the AVC is turned up too high, you might get random steering movements. The AVC is like a gyro - it's trying to correct the path of the vehicle to keep it going straight. If turned up too high, any input by you could result in the AVC trying to turn the Kraton the other way to keep it on a straight path.
Ok thanks so is turning off the avc as simple as turning the dial all the way left like I did or do I have recalibrate something else ?

Ok thanks so is turning off the avc as simple as turning the dial all the way left like I did or do I have recalibrate something else ?
Turning the dial down doesn't completely turn AVC off: it just reduces the amount of AVC applied. There is a procedure for turning AVC completely off that involves resetting the ESC to disable it. I don't have the procedure handy, but you should be able to find it on YouTube or Google.

Turning the dial down doesn't completely turn AVC off: it just reduces the amount of AVC applied. There is a procedure for turning AVC completely off that involves resetting the ESC to disable it. I don't have the procedure handy, but you should be able to find it on YouTube or Google.
I think just rebinding the transmitter to the receiver you can bind it with avc disabled there is two ways to bind to the receiver for either avc active or inactive just by holding the bind button on the receiver till it lights up binds it with avc off but you gotta do a weird button combo like your playing mortal kombat to activate it again lol

@JJWRC

I think just rebinding the transmitter to the receiver you can bind it with avc disabled there is two ways to bind to the receiver for either avc active or inactive just by holding the bind button on the receiver till it lights up binds it with avc off but you gotta do a weird button combo like your playing mortal kombat to activate it again lol

@JJWRC
😂 I think why the truck seems to be working ok I’m just going to leave everything as it is for now, next problem I run into I will be sure to give these try.

Thanks

Back