Kraton 6s Extra Wide Front Tire Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtersCski

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Wider front bumper Kraton 6s!!! Is it just me?
I’ve been searching, looking, trying every combination of key words or phrases to find a wider front bumper for my Arrma Kraton 6s on every website, Arrma parts list, custom rc parts photos and this forum since June-2021. The front wheels absorb the impact of every crash. It’s the same with my Typhon. I could feel it in my gut when I hit a tree going 50+ Mph with the front right tire. The K6 is 18 inches wide and the bumper is like 4 inches wide but the bumper is 2 inches BEHIND the tires. I really hope this catches on and some small business that has a machine shop can design and manufacture some cheap 18” wide front bumper. It doesn’t matter if it’s
2-18” wide/ 1/2” aluminum tubing with 4 eye-bolts kind of like the photos I attached…If anyone out there has a small business with a machine shop, I give you my permission to steal and/or modify my ideas and save us all some money and that puke feeling. Hopefully, someone with the tools, time, knowledge and a love for their Arrma’(s) will see this and send me a couple and make millions on the rest!!!!!!! View attachment 177116View attachment 177117

View attachment 177114

View attachment 177115

T-Bone Racing makes the widest bumpers. FWIW, And they sit higher.
I think it is more important that the bumper be further foward and ahead of the wheels for best protection.
Seems like you are trying to compensate for user error.
Lawn darting and cartwheeling will always cause damage to the wheels/arms, if you don't land flat. All open wheeled rigs.
Bumpers are not expected to protect against fixed objects and obstacles, poles ,fences, etc., if that is your primary concern.
We all bash differently and in diff. places. Just me.:cool:

Last edited:
I agree with you 100% about compensating for user error(aka poor driving) and it being further forward. That was held on by rubber bands to show the idea. It’s not a functioning bumper and I think it would take one hit and break. I was hoping someone would agree with me that the front suspension takes the most/hardest hits when nose diving and cartwheeling and it can’t hurt to make something wider to protect it. . Also, I only get one day a week to take it out, especially with it getting dark earlier and my work hours so if something breaks I’m sol until I can get the parts. I have 1 lhs near me and that’s 40 minutes away IF they have the part in stock. Btw.. I have a Class AM license with over a decade of safe driving awards but no awards for avoiding trees and light poles at Walmart with the K6🤣.. thank you so much for the reply and input!! I really appreciate any and all criticism and suggestions!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back