Rottsters Review: Scorched RC 7075 Front Hubs for the Kraton 6s + Scorched Carbon Fiber Steering Stubs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
First the easy stuff and that's the steering stubs. The stock ones weigh about 3 grams, the SRC ones don't even weigh on my scale. I have another super accurate scale I use for reloading ammo, but that sucker has to be perfect level and will register a breeze so it stays where it sits in my reloading room.

Fit and finish are perfect and weigh less than a gram. When or If I break one, I'll let you all know.

IMG_6246.JPG

First the easy stuff and that's the steering stubs. The stock ones weigh about 3 grams, the SRC ones don't even weigh on my scale.

I have another super accurate scale I use for reloading ammo, but that sucker has to be perfect level and will register a breeze so it stays where it sits in my reloading room.

Fit and finish are perfect and weigh less than a gram. When or If I break one, I'll let you all know.

View attachment 352251

Now that's some Accurate scale!!

Now onto the front hubs... Stunning machine work and oversize OD (outside diameter) sealed bearings come with the hubs. They do come about 30 grams heavier than the stock plastic stuff but such is the price to pay. Instead of the tension adjustment on the stock hubs, two teflon "bearings" are included with a healthy assortment of shims held in by a 3 screw retainer. With my stock steering balls that have some wear, shimming varied quite a bit from a low of .4mm to a high of 1mm. Regardless, after shimming the balls have negligible play. SRC also provides axle shims of which I needed none which sorta blew me away. The stock stuff had a ton of axle play but once assembled, it was perfect as it sits and it's nice to have the shims. BTW, one stock inner bearing was pretty notchy. A couple notes below:

1: Be very, very careful how you assemble these.... The inner teflon has a flat that has to be orientated to the top. There is an "index" within the hub, but it's very, very easy to miss.
2: These are seriously intricate and amazingly well machined parts from an aircraft parts manufacturer, put on your magnifiers and don't "ham hand" this stuff.
3: Start with the recommended shims and work in and out from there. 2 screws in on the retainer barely tight and you'll know if your tight or loose.

In summary, no these are not a "magic" potion to fix your steering, but if you want the best, this is it.

IMG_6236.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG

IMG_6249.JPG

Now that's some Accurate scale!!

It weighs to a tenth of grain. A grain is 0.002285714 of an ounce and i can't even have my ceiling fan on. Pretty important when working up target .308 loads or hitting max on my 10mm handgun, lol. This digital scale is good to about 33 lbs. and accurate to about a gram or so.

Last edited:
Back