Kraton 4s 2.5 front diff binding (after adding more oil and reassembly)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi!

New to RC (not new to tinkering with stuff tho). Brand new K4s 2.5, never driven. While waiting for better weather decided to check diff fluids.

Took apart the front diff first. Added more diff oil (it was around half-full, strange). Put everything back together. Tightened the diff screws in X pattern to make sure they are aligned. Now, when I try to spin the diff, it goes smoothly most of the way, but then there are 2 spots where it gets "stuck".

Should I worry or it's fine as is? When I first took it out, I think it was spinning freely.

Thank you for any input.

@morrjr71 Understood, thank you! Looks like something to think about.
I loosened the yoke screws a tiiiiny bit. Much better now.

Thank you for your advice! =)

I had the same issue and was due to the gear wasn't machined very well and in the end i used a small file to fix it. Here is a sample.

20240114_184112.jpg

I had the same issue and was due to the gear wasn't machined very well and in the end i used a small file to fix it. Here is a sample.
Ugh, nasty. For now the front diff moves well enough. Reassembly helped somehow. Rear diff was ok after reassembly and extra oil. Will be dealing with the center diff over the weekend.

I think you can get them on eBay.
Ah, I'll check it out. Lately eBay is far from my 1st choice. Forgetting about it =)

Back