Kraton Kraton 6s stock motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vortex 2wd

Reaction score
I noticed a spacer between the pinion and motor bearing on the shaft

Is the pinion supposed to be against this?

Feel like it should. Or is it a safety measure ?

Semi newb to 6s here.

You may be talking about the crush tube. Picture please if you don’t mind. Your pinion may or may not come in contact with this thing, depending upon how your pinion is centered on the the spur.

There "was" a bushing to help set pinion relationship to center spur and in an event the set screw loosens will not allow the pinion to dig into the motor plate/mount.

So it sits against it?
If you can set it against and it the pinion does not hit the motor mount AND it still nicely lined up with the spur, yes.

If not, put it on and just clean the motor shaft and set screw and put some thread locker on the set screw and let it cure 24hrs.

If you can set it against and it the pinion does not hit the motor mount AND it still nicely lined up with the spur, yes.

If not, put it on and just clean the motor shaft and set screw and put some thread locker on the set screw and let it cure 24hrs.
I think that is what I did. It didn't line up super nice. So I made it and left the sleeve on as a safety measure as it seems to be there for

Back