Kraton Kraton 6S EXB Center Dif question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggreen_57

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So I took out the center dif today to change the fluid and saw that it had the limited slip already installed. Since there was one in the box the truck came in I didn't think one was installed. Do they come from the factory with the LS already installed or was it just a fluke?

So I took out the center dif today to change the fluid and saw that it had the limited slip already installed. Since there was one in the box the truck came in I didn't think one was installed. Do they come from the factory with the LS already installed or was it just a fluke?
Sorry, but are you saying there was a complete extra dif inside the box of your new Arrma?

To the best of my knowlege, many 6s vehicles come with the center LSD diff *(INSTALLED, but not as a spare)... my Kraton EXB Roller and Big Rock did anyhow.

Sorry, but are you saying there was a complete extra dif inside the box of your new Arrma?
Sorry, but are you saying there was a complete extra dif inside the box of your new Arr
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. No it didn't come with a extra complete dif. I came with extra LS parts.
To the best of my knowlege, many 6s vehicles come with the center LSD diff *(INSTALLED, but not as a spare)... my Kraton EXB Roller and Big Rock did anyhow.
It came with extra LSD parts. Sorry for the confusion.

I could be wrong, but I think the center has the LSD plates installed but not the rear (and maybe not the front). They give you the extra plates so you can tune the front/rear diffs to LSD.

Is this a used one?
Or is this the New latest v6 EXB Kraton??? NIB?
Came with a complete spare EXB diff???
Packaged in the box?

The New EXB Kraton now has fully Open 29mm GP4 EXB diffs installed. And Only at Front and Rear. The better way, being Open.
I read no mention of a packaged "extra" diff. Just extra spare LSD Plates that can convert the Fr and Rr to LSD. Or you can just use them as Spare LSD Plates for the LSD Center diff.:unsure:
Most prefer Open Front and Rear. So Arrma made them Open now.
The Center diff remains with the LSD setup.
Which exact diff are you referring to?
The center?
FWIW, Best to keep with the stock 100k oil with an LSD setup at Center.
To dial LSD in better, you have 2 Stages of LSD setup build options, based on the LSD plate's orientation.
This info should be discussed in the manual.
Or with this video below.

Last edited:
SrC, No, I didn't get a extra dif in the box. I clarified that in another reply. I got extra LS parts. I wasn't as clear as I should have been. It would be nice if they did though.

Ok I figured as much. The extra LSD plates are spares for the LSD at Center , OR if you do want to run the Front/ Rear diffs in an LSD format, I imagine. The consensus is that Open at Fr and Rr is best. Hence why Arrma now does it this way.
The Early EXB models were LSD all around. It didn't work out so well. Me personally, would go OPEN all around. Just me. An Open center diff with 500k.
A personal call there. What works for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back