Kraton 6s V5 ESC 2 beep and 2 green flashes continuously on start up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenSaid

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
When I turn my car on the ESc doesn’t do normal cell count procedures. Instead it beeps twice and flashes the green light 2 times over and over again. I can turn the wheels but not throttle or reverse. I’ve tried different batteries and looked all over (online and in the manual) and I can’t find any info on what this means. I haven’t changed any of the settings. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Won’t let me post a video or I would show you.

Off the bat I would grab the manual and do a step by step calibration of your ESC. Have you run the truck before and this problem is new or was the truck like this out of the box?

Off the bat I would grab the manual and do a step by step calibration of your ESC. Have you run the truck before and this problem is new or was the truck like this out of the box?
Thank you for your reply! Oh have tried calibrating but when I hold the set button and turn it on it just does the 2 beep 2 green flash indefinitely thing. Won’t let me into the calibration. Also very rarely it will actually do the cells count beeps but it will only beep 3-4 times when it should be 6, I have only 6s batteries. I’m leaning towards my ESC is fried. Both of my batteries the car slowed and stopped like it was LVC. But when I got back and connected the balance port all cells had 3.9v, I should not have hit LVC. Like I said I didn’t change any settings in ESC.

I don’t have that esc installed in anything so I don’t know the flashing codes. What does the manual say about that sequence of green flashes?

I don’t have that esc installed in anything so I don’t know the flashing codes. What does the manual say about that sequence of green flashes?
No worries, it doesn’t say anything about a 2 beep and flash code. It has codes for 1 beep, 3 beeps and so on. No info for 2 beeps. It almost sounds like it’s starting the start up (4 beeps then it starts the cell count, the it does a series of beeps to let you know it’s done). It like it’s doing the first to 2 beeps of the initial 4 beeps and then starts over and keeps doing this forever. Given all the weirdness like count 3 or 4 cells when I have a 6 cell battery plugged in makes me lean towards a bad esc. I was just curious if any one here has run across this with the spektrum firma esc. I’ll email horizon support next week to see if they know what’s going on. Thanks for your time!
Oh and I forgot to answer your question. I’ve had the truck for a year and never had this issue. Randomly started doing this today

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back