Kraton Kraton 6S with Noble FlySky transmitter and FlySky FGr4 setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry4804

Fairly New Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am trying to set up my Kraton 6S with my new transmitter and receiver and I have a question about setup?

Noble FlySky transmitter with the FGr4 RX
CH4:
CH3:
CH2: Throttle
CH1: ST or steering
SERVO: Using the Noble FlySky transmitter this is not a designated Channel (Is this channel used for front and rear wheel steering?)
SENS: That is the sensor.

I will use Channel 1 for steering servo and Channel 2 for throttle as it is displayed in the Noble FlySky transmitter. But would like what the "Servo" channel on the FGr4 is used for?

You can use it for an "always on" device. Like lights for instance.? It just may be an additional servo port shared with CH 1 or CH 2. For rear steering like you indicated. Like for a 4W steering Crawler or Rock Racer.

I used the same in Mojave, channel 1 for steering, channel 2 for throttle. Nothing else needs to be done . I just assigned a switch to throttle dual rates to limit it to 60%, useful when you lend the remote for someone else which sort of like activate the "training mode" ;) this radio is awesome!

Last edited:
The Noble has received great reviews. And Flysky is a favorite brand among the Quad fliers/ racers/ freestylers. Dependable Tx/Rx.

I used the same in Mojave, channel 1 for steering, channel 2 for throttle. Nothing else needs to be done . I just assigned a switch to throttle dual rates to limit it to 60%, useful when you lend the remote for someone else which sort of like activate the "training mode" ;) this radio is awesome!
regarding the mojave, did you have any fit issues with the receiver fitting into the waterproof container?

R u having an issue with fit in the rec. box?
FYI, for those curious or not sure, Ch1 is always for ST and Ch2 is always for TH. An industry standard protocol for all Surface Rx's. All other ports are generally Aux., Mixing and Telem. functions.

Last edited:
Im looking to purchase Flysky NB4 and prefer to use FGr4 receiver. (with antenna) But from what ive heard, that receiver is too large to fit into the waterproof housing box. The smaller (no antenna) FGR4S will fit no problem.

Why R u considering the Antenna design only? The actual "Fit" I am not sure about. But rarely do they not fit a Rec. Box. If it is a Gyro Rx. then placement/orientation is more restrictive in the Rec. box and must be secured and snug according to the Mfr instructions. yes

regarding the mojave, did you have any fit issues with the receiver fitting into the waterproof container?

Waterproof container? Do you mean the receiver box?
If yea, i have no issues for FGR4S in Mojave receiver box. The inner height of the receiver box, is about 24mm +/- in the cover's middle part however the edges are much lower due to the shape of the cover. The width/length are about: 40x40mm. the FGR4S top side was just fit (antenna up) with probably just a little clearance. FGR4S dimension is: (L)25.5x(W)22x(H)17.3mm. It's for sure will not fit with FGR4 (the one with antenna cable), it's dimension is: 46x28x22mm, length is too long and might hit the top cover.

Am not sure about the size of Kraton 8S receiver box.... it's probably the same box as Mojave, but if it's bigger then it probably might fit.

EDIT: I just realized that I replied the same to you as well in other post LoL :D

Last edited:
I love my Noble nb4?

Same here. I have Futaba 4PKs FASST from the old times as well, so when i got my Mojave I was in dilemma to use my Futaba or my Noble. Noble was selected mainly due to weight (the transmitter is quite light but doesn't look/feel like cheap plastic remote), battery longevity, nice screen and it's so easy to use! :) I like also that the switches are so nicely located and close to my fingers compare to the 4PK. It has more switches too btw (not that I'm gonna use them all :D) True that the range might be less than 4PK (never compare it) but for bashing, honestly I don't need the 4PK range. So far with the FGR4S, i experienced no problem, no glitches, fast response/latency, reasonable range until my eyes can barely see :)

Any decent radio worth its salt will work for approx. 1/4 mile and filter out any interference at that distance. But who can see that far anyway??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back