Mojave first drive with my mojave overheat and lipo inflate with oem setup ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrax31

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Notorious
Hi first sorry for my English, I'm French, today I ride first with my mojave 6s blx with all exb diff

I was very surprised at how fast it is! speed 16 on the engine and original speed 50 on the central differential, but lipos don't like that! 15 minutes at 50% power with hrb 6s 4000 mah 60c.

lipos are very hot and swell..

same engine very hot even with the double fan rc hobby

I know the guy is selling me 300k oil on the center differential.

originally with 16 speeds it's too fast I don't even understand why some people change it to 8s

I am used to this platform with my famous 6s which does not heat up and does not make my lipos swell

What engine gear and center oil configuration do you recommend?

Do you have a tip to make it less likely to end up on the roof lol

Last edited:
i have quic run esc with and the timing is 11.25 on oem esc setup maybe with 4274 2050kv motors it's no good ?

est quelque chose de contraignant quelque part, sortez le moteur et faites-le rouler sur le sol devrait rouler facilement. ce serait lent à 50 % de puissance et aucun moyen de surchauffer
it's the engine of my notorious that I placed in my mojave I had no problem on my notorious, maybe the timing is not good?

A blx with exb diffs? I believe you may want to check out your input gear on your diffs, make sure it's the correct one for exb diff and not the stock blx...Mike
Also remove motor and spin f&r diffs. Are they binding?

A blx with exb diffs? I believe you may want to check out your input gear on your diffs, make sure it's the correct one for exb diff and not the stock blx...Mike
Also remove motor and spin f&r diffs. Are they binding?
It's a blx convert in to exb, the central diff is hard to turn with 300k oil, the gear on the diff is 50 i check, i have oem central diff with 100k oil very smooth comparate to exb with 300k

On 50% power your lipo and motor should not be 'very hot'.
You say your gear mesh is OK. When was the last time you checked your bearings in your wheel hubs, diffs, diff housing AND also the motor bearings? I think there is some binding somewhere.
As for your lipo, can your charger provide IR readings for the cells? A lipo puffing may be because your lipo can't handle the amps. If the IR readings are high, replace the lipo. Ýou don't want a 🔥 in your car or worse, house.

Timing: Lower timing, more power in the the low rpms, less heat. Since the Mojava is big, heavy car I'd go for a lower timing. If you feel you want more power/speed, just go for 75% or 100% power instead of 50%.

You say your gear mesh is OK. When was the last time you checked your bearings in your wheel hubs, diffs, diff housing AND also the motor bearings? I think there is some binding somewhere.
As for your lipo, can your charger provide IR readings for the cells? A lipo puffing may be because your lipo can't handle the amps. If the IR readings are high, replace the lipo. Ýou don't want a 🔥 in your car or worse, house.

Timing: Lower timing, more power in the the low rpms, less heat. Since the Mojava is big, heavy car I'd go for a lower timing. If you feel you want more power/speed, just go for 75% or 100% power instead of 50%.

It's not 50% power.... there is something lost in the translation from French. he means 50 tooth spur gear and 16 tooth pinion. With that setup it could overheat if running really hard or if there is anything failing, rubbing, binding or otherwise impeding the drivetrain. Everything from the differentials to the bearings should be looked at.

I think first you need an IR temperature gun and see what temps they really are.
"Very hot" may be 130f / 54.4c which is normal.

I have found that smaller LiPos will get significantly hotter. You may wan to run a larger pack in the 5000-6000 mAh range.

It's not 50% power.... there is something lost in the translation from French. he means 50 tooth spur gear and 16 tooth pinion. With that setup it could overheat if running really hard or if there is anything failing, rubbing, binding or otherwise impeding the drivetrain. Everything from the differentials to the bearings should be looked at.
throttle trim at 50% runtime 15 minute lipo hot and motor very hot can't touch it , and yes for " 50 tooth spur gear and 16 tooth pinion "

I think first you need an IR temperature gun and see what temps they really are.
"Very hot" may be 130f / 54.4c which is normal.

I have found that smaller LiPos will get significantly hotter. You may wan to run a larger pack in the 5000-6000 mAh range.
i order 2 ovonic 6s 6000mah 100c :)

i just receive this car , i check all bearing not brand new but look ok , motor bearing ok it's my notorious motor and when i use my notorious it doesn't heat up

Last edited:
Back