Kraton Kraton 8s BLX EXB - GoHobby lower control arm(s) shock fitment question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffU

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
My first post here - Looking to see if someone has some insight on this. My apologies in advance if this has been covered before, but I was unable to get anything to come up in a search? As an upgrade, I purchased a set of GoHobby front and rear LCA's. Everything installed nicely, until I went to re-install the shocks. Which BTW are stock. When trying to insert the lower retaining bolt into the LCA's, there is an obvious issue with the retaining bolt not lining up with the shock eye hole. I can certainly help "raise" the LCA with my hand and then insert the retaining bolt. But, in doing this it causes the lower spring cradle to bind up against the top of the LCA. This is noted with the yellow circles in the pictures. It is almost like the LCA's simply don't have a wide enough width in the design to allow the lower portion of the shock to be mounted and not bind against things with a normal range for suspension travel? I doubled checked the part #'s on the GoHobby packaging and they reference that these are replacements for plastic stock ARRMA LCAs. I was also not able to find any reference on the GOHobby side that additional modified parts for the bottom of the shocks might be needed for these to work properly?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pic_01.jpg

pic_02.jpg

um, ok? So, their products are that good, huh? LOL
its just because metal arms are really bad for actual bashing. If you plan on just street bashing or not leaving the ground at all you'll be fine though. Sorry I don't have any input for your problem, all I can say is these cheap chinese companies sometimes get things wrong and or have QA problems.

Back