Kraton Kraton 8s losing throttle response.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Very new RC owner, on my first ( only had it 6 days) full daylight run. All was great, about 5 minutes in car stopped responding to throttle input. Had steering, just no throttle. Powered down both radio ( stock dx3) and car. After restart , throttle returned. Issue happened 4 times during 1 battery ( G2 5000 50C) run.

Very new RC owner, on my first ( only had it 6 days) full daylight run. All was great, about 5 minutes in car stopped responding to throttle input. Had steering, just no throttle. Powered down both radio ( stock dx3) and car. After restart , throttle returned. Issue happened 4 times during 1 battery ( G2 5000 50C) run.
I would rebind the TX and RX and take it from there. I also had issues with the 6 channel RX on the stock K8S. I had to replace it after a few big jumps. I had steering but zero throttle. Even after rebinding. If you have issues with your RX, you can send an email to HH for warranty purposes. You can explain your trouble with proof of purchase, pictures etc. They will send you an new one with little hastle l. You have to learn how to rebind that RX too, and it's not easy to access the RX. I usually just take the whole module out for easy access and to make sure I don't pinch the wires when putting the RX cover back on. 4 bolts on the bottom, plus the bolt for the steering rack to remove the ESC module. Be careful when rebinding. I did it the wrong way and my RC took off full throttle! I almost hurt myself! To rebind read the manual. Links here :
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/ar630-dsmx-6-channel-as3x-and-safe-receiver/SPMAR630.html#

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback
Just be very careful! And the vehicle has to be level. What I do is put the vehicle on some wheels so that the vehicle's wheels are off the ground. Just in case. Or you can take the tires off and put them underneath your K8S in a level ground. You would have to take the wheels off if you want to take off the ESC module anyways. 👍👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back