Kraton 8s XLX2 settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekimusman2

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hey all. Just finished my 1/5 K8S EXB build, and I was wondering what castle link settings you guys are using with this truck and the XLX2. Be as vague or specific as you'd like, i'd just like to have this thing set up properly prior to running it for the first time tomorrow afternoon.

(if at all possible, maybe it'd just be easier to do a couple screen grabs of your castle link tabs if you don't feel like typing the whole thing out)

thanks, guys
Really appreciate any input.

I have XLX2s in both my 1/5 trucks. The first thing I noticed is the LVC doesn't cut out until the batteries get very low so I raised that to 3.5 (3.2 is default). Depending on your servo or what you feel comfortable with I always raise the BEC. On the stock servo I ran 6.5. I went with a big powerhobby servo on my new outcast EXB so I rasied it to 7.5. My Kraton 8S has a Savox (trash) and I also run it at 7.5. I always raise up the brake rate to 80% in the ESC settings and turn it down on my controller as needed. I don't mess with punch control. On the castle systems 0% is full punch. The higher the percentage the more it turns down your punch. I always leave mine at 0%. I don't mess with the timing settings on these bashers.

I have XLX2s in both my 1/5 trucks. The first thing I noticed is the LVC doesn't cut out until the batteries get very low so I raised that to 3.5 (3.2 is default). Depending on your servo or what you feel comfortable with I always raise the BEC. On the stock servo I ran 6.5. I went with a big powerhobby servo on my new outcast EXB so I rasied it to 7.5. My Kraton 8S has a Savox (trash) and I also run it at 7.5. I always raise up the brake rate to 80% in the ESC settings and turn it down on my controller as needed. I don't mess with punch control. On the castle systems 0% is full punch. The higher the percentage the more it turns down your punch. I always leave mine at 0%. I don't mess with the timing settings on these bashers.
thanks, man!

Back